12 hr layover in Bangkok - hotel options?

Subscribe
Any hotel(s) inside the airport for a 12 hr layover (6 pm to 6 am) so that we don't have to go outside?

Also in case no hotels inside the airport, any visa restrictions? We're Indian citizens with tourist visa to USA, on our way to USA.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Quote: Any hotel(s) inside the airport for a 12 hr layover (6 pm to 6 am) so that we don't have to go outside?

Also in case no hotels inside the airport, any visa restrictions? We're Indian citizens with tourist visa to USA, on our way to USA.

Thanks in advance for the help.
NOVOTEL , aprox 3500 THB per room
http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/20

But I would go into the city, ( just a 30 min drive ), and stay in SUKHUMVIT or SILOM area there you find hotels from 1200 THB 3* to 6000 THB 5+*
Take a walk thrugh the night market, for some shopping, or enjoy the food.
Novotel - excellent for a layover.
I'd go into the city, lots of things to do.... Take the SARL to Phaya Thai or Makkasan, there you can take the subway into the city. It will take no more than 30 minutes.
If you must stay in the airport.. then well, yeah, Novotel would be the obvious choice.
Do a search on the forum: Airport Hotel

You will come up with a few threads discussing the topic.
Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions.

Some follow-up questions - from the Novotel website, it's not clear if the hotel is 'inside" the airport...because it says a 3 minute walk from the airport.

Reason why I'm looking for something "inside" the airport is since the layover is for my parents who are not comfortable with going outside the airport, and also to avoid the hassle of visa etc. Any idea of for Novotel also, my parents will have t apply for a visa? And will they have to consider giving themselves enough time for entry back into the airport?

Also they are on their way to USA, so will the airline keep thei luggage or will they have to carry it with them?
Quote: Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions.

Some follow-up questions - from the Novotel website, it's not clear if the hotel is 'inside" the airport...because it says a 3 minute walk from the airport.

Reason why I'm looking for something "inside" the airport is since the layover is for my parents who are not comfortable with going outside the airport, and also to avoid the hassle of visa etc. Any idea of for Novotel also, my parents will have t apply for a visa? And will they have to consider giving themselves enough time for entry back into the airport?

Also they are on their way to USA, so will the airline keep thei luggage or will they have to carry it with them?
As far as I know, there are no hotels " international inside ". So them anyhow have to go through immigration. ( check VISA rules for Indians ).
Only Louis Tavern is airside as far as I know, but not sure if them open in the nighttime ? see also the following link
http://www.thaiairways.com.au/vwm/up...HOTELS_V.2.pdf
Louis Tavern in Concourse A has rooms at ridiculous rates. I took a picture of the rate sheet last time (I've never been in a room). Below is taken from the pic:

Superior room rates with breakfast:

4 hrs 1 person 2400B/ $93USD
2 persons 2600B/ $100USD
3 persons 4000B/ $154USD

*increase 1100B for additional 2hrs for 1 person
increase 1100B for additional 2hrs for 2 persons
increase 1700B for additional 2hrs for 3 person

12 hours 1 person 6800B/ $262USD
2 persons 7000B $270USD
3 persons 10,800B/ $416USD

For extension stay will be charged every 4 hours

*rather than list all charges for 4,6,8,10 and 12 hours I simply condensed the form

Also, their exchange rate is even worse than the airport bank branches, which are always exactly 1B/USD less than in town.
If the stop is less than 24 hours, they should be able to check bags through.
Quote: Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions.

Novotel is outside the airport, i.e. you have to pass through immigration on the way out, and passport control/security on the way back in. There's a (free) shuttle bus that runs fairly frequently. As others have said, going into town is an option -- taking a taxi (or car service) avoids having to find the shuttle and hotels in town tend to be cheaper, plus you can have dinner in town etc. That said, I'd be a pretty early morning, and it's about a 45 min taxi ride...