FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1193253-upgrade-not-upgrade.html)

chopkins Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am

To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade...

I'm flying BKK>NRT>IAD on TG/NH in May, all in business class. Right now, I fly overnight from BKK to NRT, have a short layover and then hop onto NH 2 non-stop to IAD.

I have an opportunity to upgrade the BKK>NRT leg on TG to F, but there's a catch...it's on the early morning flight out of BKK that gets me into NRT in the afternoon, so I would have to spend a night in Tokyo before getting on the plane to IAD.

I've never been to Tokyo, so the thought of having a day to check out the city is sort of appealing (at least be able to say I was there, I don't get to do a lot of traveling), and I like the idea of being able to check out F on the BKK>NRT leg of the flight, not to mention the whole F experience at BKK, but how much is there to see at 6 AM (the flight leaves BKK at 7:30 AM).

It would be about 10k miles to upgrade (already flying on an award ticket), is it worth it??

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

BKKROP Mar 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by chopkins (Post 16014175)
I've never been to Tokyo, so the thought of having a day to check out the city is sort of appealing (at least be able to say I was there, I don't get to do a lot of traveling), and I like the idea of being able to check out F on the BKK>NRT leg of the flight, not to mention the whole F experience at BKK, but how much is there to see at 6 AM (the flight leaves BKK at 7:30 AM).!

10K is not much and you tick all the boxes, go for it.

You will love Japan, so very different, and BKK comes alive @5am, by six it is buzzing, you have to experience one of the Asians airlines F experiences and TG in their home port, is as good as most

Airgroovin Mar 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Yep! Do it - go for F! :p

Cheers,

AG. :-:

chopkins Mar 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by BKKROP (Post 16018143)
10K is not much and you tick all the boxes, go for it.

You will love Japan, so very different, and BKK comes alive @5am, by six it is buzzing, you have to experience one of the Asians airlines F experiences and TG in their home port, is as good as most

Upgrade confirmed!

I'm definitely looking forward to the TG F experience, from check-in to lounge to flight. And, assuming no aircraft change, the morning BKK>NRT flight looks to be on the 77W leased from Jet, so that's something to look forward to, even if it is only a 6 hour flight ;)