Can I OLCI with a Galileo reference?

Subscribe
Hi guys

I booked via a travel agent and I have a Galileo reference for my flights. I can see my full itinerary on viewtrip.com but I can't access my booking on TG.com; it says there is no booking in the Amadeus system when I enter my code. However if I enter a random 6 digits it says it cannot find booking, so I know that the website somehow recognises my booking because both error messages are different.

Do you think I will be able to OLCI next week for my flight with this reference?
Quote: Hi guys

I booked via a travel agent and I have a Galileo reference for my flights. I can see my full itinerary on viewtrip.com but I can't access my booking on TG.com; it says there is no booking in the Amadeus system when I enter my code. However if I enter a random 6 digits it says it cannot find booking, so I know that the website somehow recognises my booking because both error messages are different.

Do you think I will be able to OLCI next week for my flight with this reference?
When logging into viewtrip.com, check your itinerary to see if there is a seperate confirmation number for your Thai Airways flights. This confirmation number should be different from the Galileo reference. Use this number when doing OLCI.

Alternatively, you can always call Thai Airways and give them your name, flight number and date, and they should be able to tell you what your TG confirmation number is.
Quote: When logging into viewtrip.com, check your itinerary to see if there is a seperate confirmation number for your Thai Airways flights. This confirmation number should be different from the Galileo reference. Use this number when doing OLCI.
Yes there is a separate 6 digit Thai Airways Reference Number but it's not letting me use this either to 'check my booking' on thaiair.com. Do you think somehow it will automatically let me use this reference to check in once OLCI opens?
Disclaimer: I have never used the online Check-in, so not authoritative.

Whenever I have booked direct with TG, either on phone, or award redemption, on the e-ticket, there is a line which says 'Booking Reference for Kiosk/Internet Check-in'.

This code is not the Amadeus booking code, but the code from TG's system.

Haven't seen that particular line when tickets are booked and issued online or booked /issued by Travel Agents. Haven't seen them either on tickets booked online but issued at TG city offices.

So, I would think that the TG code is what you can use to check-in online.

YMMV, as always.

Cheers!
Quote: Yes there is a separate 6 digit Thai Airways Reference Number but it's not letting me use this either to 'check my booking' on thaiair.com. Do you think somehow it will automatically let me use this reference to check in once OLCI opens?
+1, I've used UA miles to redeem for TG flights and called the TG HKG office to get their booking reference. Then I tried using that for checkmytrip.com, virtuallythere.com and thaiairways.com.hk but I got errors for all three. Then after calling UA to ask, the HKG office agent suggested I use mobile.thaiairways.com (and it worked, ).

Could anyone confirm if the TG booking reference can be used for OLCI, just so that I can get a piece of mind.