Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 5, 11, 3:15 am   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: BD Silver
Posts: 199
Can I OLCI with a Galileo reference?

Hi guys

I booked via a travel agent and I have a Galileo reference for my flights. I can see my full itinerary on viewtrip.com but I can't access my booking on TG.com; it says there is no booking in the Amadeus system when I enter my code. However if I enter a random 6 digits it says it cannot find booking, so I know that the website somehow recognises my booking because both error messages are different.

Do you think I will be able to OLCI next week for my flight with this reference?
mrdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 11, 7:08 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Seat 1A
Programs: EK Gold/ CX MPO Gold / SQ full fare F / R, CX disc/full F, Paid domestic F, Sometimes award F
Posts: 2,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdisco View Post
Hi guys

I booked via a travel agent and I have a Galileo reference for my flights. I can see my full itinerary on viewtrip.com but I can't access my booking on TG.com; it says there is no booking in the Amadeus system when I enter my code. However if I enter a random 6 digits it says it cannot find booking, so I know that the website somehow recognises my booking because both error messages are different.

Do you think I will be able to OLCI next week for my flight with this reference?
When logging into viewtrip.com, check your itinerary to see if there is a seperate confirmation number for your Thai Airways flights. This confirmation number should be different from the Galileo reference. Use this number when doing OLCI.

Alternatively, you can always call Thai Airways and give them your name, flight number and date, and they should be able to tell you what your TG confirmation number is.
daniellam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 11, 2:40 am   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: BD Silver
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellam View Post
When logging into viewtrip.com, check your itinerary to see if there is a seperate confirmation number for your Thai Airways flights. This confirmation number should be different from the Galileo reference. Use this number when doing OLCI.
Yes there is a separate 6 digit Thai Airways Reference Number but it's not letting me use this either to 'check my booking' on thaiair.com. Do you think somehow it will automatically let me use this reference to check in once OLCI opens?
mrdisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 11, 3:34 am   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Generally SIN
Programs: UA 1K, TG ROP Gold, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat Amb.
Posts: 387
Disclaimer: I have never used the online Check-in, so not authoritative.

Whenever I have booked direct with TG, either on phone, or award redemption, on the e-ticket, there is a line which says 'Booking Reference for Kiosk/Internet Check-in'.

This code is not the Amadeus booking code, but the code from TG's system.

Haven't seen that particular line when tickets are booked and issued online or booked /issued by Travel Agents. Haven't seen them either on tickets booked online but issued at TG city offices.

So, I would think that the TG code is what you can use to check-in online.

YMMV, as always.

Cheers!
RWY02KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 11, 6:59 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: HKG, BOS
Programs: CX GR, UA Plat, AF/KL FB Plat, TK Elite (*G), SK EBG, HX Gold, Hyatt Plat, A|Club Plat
Posts: 2,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdisco View Post
Yes there is a separate 6 digit Thai Airways Reference Number but it's not letting me use this either to 'check my booking' on thaiair.com. Do you think somehow it will automatically let me use this reference to check in once OLCI opens?
+1, I've used UA miles to redeem for TG flights and called the TG HKG office to get their booking reference. Then I tried using that for checkmytrip.com, virtuallythere.com and thaiairways.com.hk but I got errors for all three. Then after calling UA to ask, the HKG office agent suggested I use mobile.thaiairways.com (and it worked, ).

Could anyone confirm if the TG booking reference can be used for OLCI, just so that I can get a piece of mind.
toyotaboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:57 pm.