Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:19 am

Did anybody notice that there are no pork dishes on the menus?

Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
there are pork dishes
in F ex BKK: pork with basil and chilli, various curries with pork, boiled rice with pork etc.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: TG*Gold
So i finally founded. Picture by weflyfree.com

Looks good but not rich and nice like this on Thai airways picture. So Thai airways cook book is not telling you true and make other customer confusing showing them Lobster in cream sauce and picture of lobster thermidor. Any how I will risk and order that mini lobsterenschen
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
This Thai menu looks nice. What happened after you ate all Thai food? Did you get cheese plate and the dessert as well?
I had Thai dessert...not sure what it was but I liked it nevertheless. I was too full at that stage so I did not eat anything else (although cheese, etc. were offered).

I am flying F again shortly and will try a different set menu.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:11 pm

My understanding is that the issue with the Hindu Vegetarian option actually being served to you is only the case if you save seats (or view your meal then save) in Manage My Booking AFTER requesting your special meal.

This is because the Manage Your Booking page displays your meals as Hindu Vegetarian, because it doesn't have all the Special Meal options listed, but it doesn't actually have it saved as a Hindu Veg meal...If you save the booking, it will overwrite your special meal with Hindu Veg.

The MANAGE MY BOOKING site will STILL show Hindu Vegetarian, even if you've not changed anything after requesting your meal - but ensure you don't change or save anything in here. The Pre-Order Meals takes you to a similar looking Booking Management page (but with the first class meal options available by clicking the "Meal" button at top right of screen). This should show the correctly requested meal.

Again - Manage My Booking will never show your meal preference in the little area down the bottom with seat request. This is because it's loaded in the GDS as a "Special Meal", all of the others are standard GDS/IATA meal codes (including Hindu Vegetarian), so when the system doesn't know what your meal is, for some reason it shows Hindu Vegetarian...Simply don't save this preference, and it keeps your last preference.

Last edited by abbaskip; Jan 12, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
BKK-FRA
Thai A380
Royal Thai First
February 2, 2015

I used pre-order meal option but will also post the menu for this flight for reference. I choose the PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE which was awesome! It was the right amount of food for a late night departure from BKK to FRA. Also had copious amounts of Blue Label and a little Dom.

Some caviar to start the meal service out of BKK:

My main meal - prawn pa-nang curry with rice

Overall good meal but slept for most of the flight so just enjoyed the dinner service and that was it....I would highly recommend the prawn pa-nang. Very tasty and good Thai meal.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Are the TG-Exclusive thai Menu Sets new? I have BKK-SYD coming up and was perusing the site again but I can't recall seeing those listed before.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Are the TG-Exclusive thai Menu Sets new? I have BKK-SYD coming up and was perusing the site again but I can't recall seeing those listed before.
no! have been around for some time!
but not since many years. maybe anything between 2-5 years
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
I pre-ordered the beef rossini ex-BKK and it came through, but it was probably the toughest steak I've ever had. Completely over-cooked yet when served, it was barely warm. Previously I had the roasted lamb rack and it too was very tough. Now I'm thinking I should stick with a Thai dish. The chicken massaman curry I had in the lounge was quite good.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
These are my go-to meal on TG F at this point. Yes, it's not the same as food on the ground in BKK, but I find it easily the tastiest option in the air.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I pre-ordered the beef rossini ex-BKK and it came through, but it was probably the toughest steak I've ever had. Completely over-cooked yet when served, it was barely warm. Previously I had the roasted lamb rack and it too was very tough. Now I'm thinking I should stick with a Thai dish. The chicken massaman curry I had in the lounge was quite good.
the worst steak I ever had on TG F was ex Sydney. I would have actually expected a good quality Australian beef but it was really bad...
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:21 pm

Sorry to bump this thread but I think this is the main "First Class pre-order meal" thread vs. the "meal order disappeared" threads so here goes...

I'm flying NRT-BKK in First Class. Just wondering if there is a consensus 'go to' meal here.

I'm thinking the Japanese meals may be prepared best but who knows with airplane food.

Has anyone had the eel kabayaki?

FYI here are the selections:

Pre-Order Meals

Origin City:
Class:
View
Chicken Kiew Wan
Beef Steak
Lobster Thermidor
Grilled Chicken
John Dory Fish
Prawn Ginger
Fish Boiled Rice
Beef Kiew Wan
Prawn Kiew Wan
Rice Chicken Basil
Rice Pork Basil
Rice Prawn Basil
Duck Curry
Pork Boiled Rice
Chicken Boiled Rice
Prawn Boiled Rice

Beef Sukiyaki With Soya Taste Sauce
Beef Teriyaki
Eel Kabayaki
Chicken With Yuzu Pepper Sauce
Salmon Koumi Yaki
Hot Smoked Salmon
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:13 am

I have had the eel kabayaki
quite nice if you like Japanese food and eel!
it comes with some side dishes like sushi and cold noodles
unfortunately TG has no Sake but some glasses of Chablis went well with it!

I have somewhere a photo...
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I have had the eel kabayaki
quite nice if you like Japanese food and eel!
it comes with some side dishes like sushi and cold noodles
unfortunately TG has no Sake but some glasses of Chablis went well with it!

I have somewhere a photo...
Sake is now gone? Oh no... Used to have Kubota, I am no expert and I find it very much drinkable.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:07 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
BKK-HKG F Pre-order menu

I will be flying my first ever first class flight on TG BKK-HKG (TG spa I'm coming)! FYI, the pre-order menu looks like this-

Name:  TG BKK-HKG F meals menu photos.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  522.1 KB
(TG says: Image shown may vary slightly from actual meal presentation onboard )

Menu:
PRAWN PA NANG CURRY WITH RICE
PRAWN CURRY PA NANG : PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE, STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI AND GARLIC

Grilled NZ beef tenderloin
GRILLED NZ BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED WINE MOREL REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOISE

SCALLOP PROVENCALE
THE IDEAL OF PAN-FRIED SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER THERMIDOR WITH DUCHESS POTATO DISH OF LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED., SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Exclusive Thai menu set 1
Exclusive Thai menu set included - Steamed premium Thai Hom Mali rice. - Roasted duck with grape in red curry. - Grilled beef fillet spicy salad Thai style. - Pork with vermicelli wrapped with Chinese cabbage clear soup. - Stir fried spinach with garlic and chili. - Omelet Thai style. - Dessert : Banana in coconut milk.

Exclusive Thai menu set 2
Exclusive Thai menu set included - Steamed premium Thai Hom Mali rice. - Beef massaman. - Tiger prawn spicy salad Thai style. - Dry fish in sour and spicy soup (Tom-Khlohng). - Stir-fried bitter gound with egg. - Deep fried Kao-Sarn fish. - Dessert : Coconut milk ice cream and peanut.

Exclusive Thai menu set 3
Exclusive Thai menu set included - Steamed premium Thai Hom Mali rice. - Chicken massaman. - Tiger prawn spicy salad Thai style. - Dry fish in sour and spicy soup (Tom-Khlohng). - Stir-fried bitter gound with egg. - Deep fried Kao-Sarn fish. - Dessert : Coconut milk ice cream and peanut.

Exclusive Thai menu set 4
Exclusive Thai menu set included - Steamed premium Thai Hom Mali rice. - Tom Yum soup with prawn and young coconut. - Stir fried mined pork with garlic, chili and basil. - Deep fried marinated chicken with lemon grass. - Omelet Thai style. - Dessert : Black & White glutinous rice with longan.

Exclusive Thai menu set 5
Exclusive Thai menu set included - Steamed premium Thai Hom Mali rice. - Stir fried mined chicken with garlic, chili and basil. - Deep fried marinated chicken with lemon grass. - Tom Yum soup with prawn and young coconut. - Omelet Thai style. - Dessert : Black & White glutinous rice with longan.

Exclusive Thai menu set 6
Exclusive Thai menu set included - Steamed premium Thai Hom Mali rice. - Stir fried mined beef with garlic, chili and basil. - Deep fried marinated chicken with lemon grass. - Tom Yum soup with prawn and young coconut. - Omelet Thai style. - Dessert : Black & White glutinous rice with longan.

GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH GOOSE LIVER ( FOIE GRAS ), BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

HEALTHY THAI MENU
"HEALTHY THAI MENU SET INCLUDED - VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD - MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP ""KANG SOM"" - STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI, BASIL - GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE - STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE - ASSORTED LOOK CHUB"

CHINESE ROAST DUCK
CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES : THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF DUCK,ROASTED CHINESE STYLE, SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES,CHINESE CHOY-SUM (PAK KWANG TUNG) AND SOY SAUCE WITH SLICED CHILLI.

BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE, STEAMED BROWN RICE, SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

CHICKEN GREEN CURRY WITH RICE
CHICKEN IN GREEN CURRY (KIEW-WAN) : A THAI CURRY COOKED FROM CHICKEN, GREEN CHILLI PASTE, COCONUT MILK, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE, AND SEASONING SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEANTHREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Grilled Norwegian salmon
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON W.BABY LEEKS, PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION

Oven roasted rack of lamb
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE, SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.