Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Thai Airways (TG) [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
The airline won't let you checkin without onward travel
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
The airline won't let you checkin without onward travel
Thank you. I will either book round trip and then refund if necessary, or buy an onward ticket. Will a printed out e-ticket for onward travel to any country satisfy them?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Thank you. I will either book round trip and then refund if necessary, or buy an onward ticket. Will a printed out e-ticket for onward travel to any country satisfy them?
yes, this is certainly sufficient
I also once showed them the e-ticket on my smart phone or laptop as I had not printed out
likelihood that check in officer ask for onward ticket depends on destination. In my experience in USA they ask in over 50% of the cases, Europe far less than 50%, Asian less than 20% except if you take the ferry to Hongkong airport from China (much higher percentage)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Hello from Sunny Sydney,

I've been clocking a lot of hours on TG this year and finally I've earned Royal Orchid Plus Gold last week, and I can't wait to take my next flight home in December. However, I have a few questions prior to my next leg if you could help clarifying. Thank you!

Some questions are too specific but I'll just place them here anyway, so hopefully someone who's experienced could help me out. Here goes:

1. At the time I'm checking in at TG Counter at Kingsfordsmith Airport *SYD, will I be entitled to a Fast Track ( Express Path ) under Gold Star Alliance or Gold ROP Member?

2. Could I visit both Air New Zealand and Krisflyer Lounge in Sydney?

3. At the time of checking in, if I have a travel companion who is currently holding an ROP Silver, *S, could the ground staff check him in as well (Applicable for both Sydney Airpot and Suvarnabhumi Airport Check-in Counter B)

4. When I was an ROP Silver member, I was given the Purple 'Priority' Baggage Tag for every checked-in baggages but somehow I felt that they weren't as 'Priority' as they should have been, will that be the case for Gold? Will the luggage tag be different (color, how they're installed, etc)

5. As I'm flying out on 17 December, will I get my Gold Pack before I fly? What's the average time taken for the Gold Pack to arrive? If worse come to worse, will I still enjoy the ROP Gold benefits?

6. Since I'm flying to Bangkok quite often, and I'm planning to do so at regular interval in coming years, should I try other programs such as Miles and Smiles, Krisflyer, UA Mileage Plus or should I stick to TG ROP?

7. What is the chance of earning a free upgrade if the flight is Full? (As I'm aware that there is now a standby upgrade surcharges, I'm not sure if I could ask for a free upgrade if I'm a solo traveller)

8. Does TG ROP still offer Birthday Promotion? If not, when did the Birthday Promotion end?

9. In January, I'm going to do BKK-KIX, but my brother got a W ticket, can I somehow change to at least a Q ticket?

10. I really love flying and I want to earn higher FF status, as well as other Loyalty Programs. I love travel, food, and want to start documenting them and create a blog. I don't like my postgrad study now, could I get some professional advice on what job sector should I be looking at to at least enjoy some of these benefits?

Thank you for your time!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC Elite 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a question for this esteemed forum. Mrs. LSQ, I and our 2 kids are arriving in BKK from MUC on TG 925. Mrs is travelling on TG First and the rest of us in business. We arrive around 6.30ish in the morning and our onward flight from BKK to HKT is not until 4pm in the evening that day (all 4 of us in TG business). We dont want to spend the 10 hr layover in the domestic TG lounge. Is there any way we can spend some time in the TG Royal Silk lounge in the international departure area before continuing to the domestic side of BKK. Please note that TG will most likely offer their golf cart service when we arrive in BKK as Mrs is travelling in First. Should we ask the cart attendant to take us to the international side instead of the domestic side. If there is any way to get there please let me know. If we do manage to reach the international Royal Silk lounge, will they let us in as we only have domestic business class BPs for our onward connection.

Thank you all in advance for your guidance.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:35 pm

dear shadowhyde
congratulations to your ROP Gold!
you have many questions! I would advise to split them and ask them in different Forum or different threads
to some of your questions:
1. yes there is a fast track at SYD
2. yes both lounges open for *G
3. officially not, but most check in officers will check in passengers traveling with you as well at the dedicated premium check in counters
4. priority baggage is a complex topic...there are clear status levels that are not always reflected by tags
5. a bit tight but you will enjoy benefits; print out evidence
7. free upgrades yes if your class is overbooked and higher class have free seats and no other passengers have higher status then you (Platinum, long year G
8. no
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: TG Plat
8 is no but TG are, much to my surprise, going to give all ROP Gold the one time 50% discount on flight redemption again in 2015.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
dear shadowhyde
congratulations to your ROP Gold!
you have many questions! I would advise to split them and ask them in different Forum or different threads
to some of your questions:
1. yes there is a fast track at SYD
3. officially not, but most check in officers will check in passengers traveling with you as well at the dedicated premium check in counters
4. priority baggage is a complex topic...there are clear status levels that are not always reflected by tags
5. a bit tight but you will enjoy benefits; print out evidence
7. free upgrades yes if your class is overbooked and higher class have free seats and no other passengers have higher status then you (Platinum, long year G
8. no
Thank You Khun BinSabai! Appreciate your time to answer all my questions!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by andyptrav
8 is no but TG are, much to my surprise, going to give all ROP Gold the one time 50% discount on flight redemption again in 2015.

That's a relief to hear, Khun Andyptrav! May I know where did you get the information from, or how credible is this info? 100% certain? Sorry i didn't mean to offend you in anyway.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by andyptrav
Hi Andyptrav, I've found the link and have started a new thread, could you see if that's legit from actual Thai Website?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Except the Air NZ lounge is now closed for refurb until April 2015. I believe there is a temporary replacement, not sure what it's like.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:15 am

Hi, sorry if this question may sound rather shallow, but what does GUP or PUP stand for? Thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by shadowhyde
Hi, sorry if this question may sound rather shallow, but what does GUP or PUP stand for? Thank you.
GUP Gold Upgrade
PUP Platinum Upgrade
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:15 am

Business / First 747 vs A340 vs A380

Hello all

Considering first redemption on Thai business or first class. In your experience how do the products compare business vs first on the 747/a340 vs the a380 . the sense i guess is that unless youre on the a380 or new style 747 it's hardly worth it?!

secondly how do i establish whether the plane will have new configuration? (although i know planned plane is subject to change)
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:29 pm

F is still F, whether you have a suite on A380 and new 747 or the bit older stand alone seat (full flat and wide pitch) on the "old" 747 and A340. Food, beverage and service is the same on all four!
the stand alone seat is much better than the old angle flat J seats on 747/A340 and also better than A380 J, which is also full flat, but a bit cramped with much lower pitch and the usual J food, beverage and service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.