Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Also possible that it's a secret club where the memberships are handed out to VIPs. This is more in line with traditional Thai behavior, benefits by association that trump even the loyal customers. Just a passing thought...
TG already has a full fledged list of Thai VIP's and VVIP's who will get preferential treatment over their loyal paying customers, despite the fact that most of these poeple have never spend a dime on TG .
Old Jan 26, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pansted00
TG already has a full fledged list of Thai VIP's and VVIP's who will get preferential treatment over their loyal paying customers, despite the fact that most of these poeple have never spend a dime on TG .
Shocking! Next there'll be rumors of gambling.

Seriously, I'm one of those loyal paying customers who really would not put any extra effort into being Platinum, just as I no longer make any attempt to maintain SQ PPS. I enjoy both airlines when they work out for me, but don't have any illusions about the basis of the relation$hip.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:59 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Marah
Uh-oh, in speaking just now with a senior and very reliable source within TG, I was informed that the Platinum Plus Program has been 'frozen' until the new Director of the Loyalty Marketing Department (Khun Aran Apichari's replacement) becomes more familiar with the role.

Not sure how long this familiarisation process will take (five months is obviouly not enough) but apparently his lack of action is already being talked about in the TG corridors of power.....
If waiting for whoever this person is to get familiar with the role, I am sure we won't see Platinum Plus until 2012 at the earliest. I am Thai, I love TG, but how they handled the introduction of Platinum Plus was too poorly handled to forgive.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Afterall
Shocking! Next there'll be rumors of gambling.

or

"Excuse me... oops, never mind, I didn't see the sign"
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:29 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by kiam
If waiting for whoever this person is to get familiar with the role, I am sure we won't see Platinum Plus until 2012 at the earliest. I am Thai, I love TG, but how they handled the introduction of Platinum Plus was too poorly handled to forgive.
So you are switching to another airline? (or are you going to forgive even thought it was handled so poorly)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
So you are switching to another airline? (or are you going to forgive even thought it was handled so poorly)
This is a "mai-pen-rai" thing.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Fan2502
This is a "mai-pen-rai" thing.
"mai pen rai" (Nevermind/Whatever in this case) means that it can be forgiven, though perhaps not forgotten.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold
It would be a fairly trivial reason to stop using the airline..
Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by BarryJS
It would be a fairly trivial reason to stop using the airline..
I'm not disagreeing. I'm trying to understand the consequence when one says that it was too poorly handled to forgive.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
YOu guys made up mind very quickly for me

Im probably moiving to BKK August this year

So what to do wiht my FFP? Well, from what i read here the LAST thing I should do is contemplate switching to THAI Announce a Plat card and then forget all about it? Wow I wonder if they have the same attitude to safety issues!

Ill stay with EK and M&M...
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by rathin100
Wow I wonder if they have the same attitude to safety issues!
How could you possibly make this strange leap?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
How could you possibly make this strange leap?
Err...Clue to top management attitude to the business as a whole, perhaps? (Im wondering, note, not asserting)
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:32 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Lots of shortcuts in safety within the Thai culture. No one would argue that. But I wouldn't think it would be that much of a concern. Every airline plays the same games.

But, back to the subject of your question, it depends on your flying patterns, and things like cabin class, and frequent flyer tier that you'd be likely to obtain.

The great thing is that you can fly Thai and choose the loyalty program that suits your individual needs. Maybe best to switch to a thread based on that topic, while leaving this thread for the DREADFUL progress since the first announcement..

Funny that I was slammed for my scepticism. I wonder if they'll revive this failed program for the 1 year aniversary of the initial announcement. 55555
Old Mar 13, 2011, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I wonder if they'll revive this failed program for the 1 year aniversary of the initial announcement. 55555
I certainly hope not!
Old Mar 13, 2011, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
I certainly hope not!
Why not ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.