Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Orchid Spa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Royal Orchid Spa

I am arriving into BKK this evening at 20:25 from HKG. Flying in Business with TG.

I am onward connecting to SYD at 23:59. Also flying in Business with TG.

The wife would like to book a foot massage at the Royal Orchard Spa. Is this going to be a problem at that time of evening?

Is there a chance the spa will be fully booked?

Cheers!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Also - do you have to go to the SPA to book the treatment? or can you book from whichever TG lounge you find yourself in?

Cheers!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:25 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
hi christickler, if you go to the spa, with your boarding pass, they will attend to you immediately, there are twenty or so booths so they will have no problem, enjoy the flight and the massage
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Many Thanks! Sitting a very busy HKG TG Lounge at present!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:36 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Well, I don't remember any ORCHARDS in Thailand being royal, nor at the airport, but there is a Royal ORCHID Spa.

Enjoy the massages!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
Well, I don't remember any ORCHARDS in Thailand being royal, nor at the airport, but there is a Royal ORCHID Spa.

Enjoy the massages!
http://www.thaiair.com/thai-services...orchid-spa.htm
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Thanks, GuyBetsy, for the link. Not sure why you posted it though with a quote of what I had said earlier. I was just poking a little fun at the OP's little slip about the Royal ORCHARD (you know, a field of trees with fruit or nuts on them!) instead of the Royal ORCHID, which is clearly an elegant, purple flower that Thai uses in their marketing.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Thanks, GuyBetsy, for the link. Not sure why you posted it though with a quote of what I had said earlier. I was just poking a little fun at the OP's little slip about the Royal ORCHARD (you know, a field of trees with fruit or nuts on them!) instead of the Royal ORCHID, which is clearly an elegant, purple flower that Thai uses in their marketing.
Sorry. It was meant for the OP. Not you obviously I knew what you were talking about !
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Another question about the spa.

We will be transiting at BKK arriving from HKG on TG F but departing for CNX on TG C. Would be be considered Royal First customers when we use the spa and get the full body massage?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by jarusoba

We will be transiting at BKK arriving from HKG on TG F but departing for CNX on TG C. Would be be considered Royal First customers when we use the spa and get the full body massage?
A couple of years ago I was able to do so under similar circumstances. Enjoy.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
A couple of years ago I was able to do so under similar circumstances. Enjoy.
Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba

Yes, you will be considered an F pax and you can enter the Royal First Lounge. Just present your F boarding stub and your onward connecting stub.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Yes, you will be considered an F pax and you can enter the Royal First Lounge. Just present your F boarding stub and your onward connecting stub.
The question was not just about the lounge, but also about the spa. I don't think they'll get access to any of these as they are on an int-dom connection.

It's worth a try getting through transfer security, but I have my doubts you'll be able to.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The question was not just about the lounge, but also about the spa. I don't think they'll get access to any of these as they are on an int-dom connection.

It's worth a try getting through transfer security, but I have my doubts you'll be able to.
Good point. Arriving from HKG and transferring to CNX, we would have to clear immigration and then security. I can sure ask the buggy driver who should be waiting for us at the gate.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37

If you have a long layover, just tell the buggy driver to take you to the F lounge. You will have access to the Spa as well. When you are ready to head over to the domestic side, you can just go directly downstairs and clear immigrations, but make sure you have enough time. Sometimes the lines can be a little long, especially at 6am when all the European flights arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.