Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Orchid Spa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 5:55 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Commie
Is a 2 hour connecting time in BKK going to HKG enough time for a full hour massage? also will 6am-8am be a busy time for the spa?
It would be very tight. You need to allow 75min for massage - including shower before and after the massage.

You also have to get from gate to lounge on arrival and then lounge to gate on departure. This can take time, even with a buggy. I had a departure from Gate E8 which took me over 20 min to get there with a buggy.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I had a departure from Gate E8 which took me over 20 min to get there with a buggy.
That is my walking time from the SQ lounge to E8 area.

2 hours is too tight. You might want to simply get a 30 minutes C style massage.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
You will find out if it is enough when you get there. If you arrive at the lounge 2 hours before your next departure and there is space free in the Spa then it is no problem. I have done the full hour massage during 2 hour connections. As soon as I finished, I was straight down to the gate and walked straight onto the plane... Such a nice way to connect
Old Apr 26, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Excited for the massage and some lounge time as well

We are arriving from HKT at 11:30 with a connection to MUC at 14:05. Should be just enough time for a shower/massage/snack!
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers

We are arriving from HKT at 11:30 with a connection to MUC at 14:05. Should be just enough time for a shower/massage/snack!
That should be just enough time. There are showers in the Spa so just head straight there ^
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWRTravelers

As pogonation said, you should be fine.

I'll be getting into the lounge tomorrow around the same time as you likely will. I'll let you know what the queue for massage is like.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:52 am

Hi everyone, just a quick question about the SPA:

My wife and I are booked on TG flight to SYD in F that leaves at 7:55AM. What time should I arrive at the airport to 'make sure' that we can at least get full massage treatment.

My earlier experience with SPA @ TG F lounge suggest that I should arrive at least two hours before, but I remember I had to wait about 30 minutes for SPA to be opened (I arrived at the airport @ 5AM - check-in didn't open until 5:30 or so and I got to the F lounge around 5:45: My flight to NRT then was scheduled for 7:35AM).

It will be an exciting experience for my wife, whom have already visited TG SPG but for C class 30 minute foot massage.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by brahms77
Hi everyone, just a quick question about the SPA:

My wife and I are booked on TG flight to SYD in F that leaves at 7:55AM. What time should I arrive at the airport to 'make sure' that we can at least get full massage treatment.

My earlier experience with SPA @ TG F lounge suggest that I should arrive at least two hours before, but I remember I had to wait about 30 minutes for SPA to be opened (I arrived at the airport @ 5AM - check-in didn't open until 5:30 or so and I got to the F lounge around 5:45: My flight to NRT then was scheduled for 7:35AM).

It will be an exciting experience for my wife, whom have already visited TG SPG but for C class 30 minute foot massage.
A few days ago, our flight was a 1225pm. Got to the airport at about 1030am, checked in and was in the spa with 20 mins or so. Massage started at about 11am, done around noon. Buggy took us straight to the plane.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrived at the airport at 10:30 this morning. Was afraid the longer I lingered in town the more likely the hangover would worsen. Damn my friends saying 'you know Barcelona plays Real Madrid at 1:45AM'.

Anyway, I digress.

There were only 2 other rooms in use the entire time I was in the lounge. Upon entrance I set my massage for 1PM and requested a jacuzzi as well.

All was very smooth. The lounge was placid. My flight was empty. I was the only pax in F. EWRtravelers should have plenty of time for everything.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by chanp
A few days ago, our flight was a 1225pm. Got to the airport at about 1030am, checked in and was in the spa with 20 mins or so. Massage started at about 11am, done around noon. Buggy took us straight to the plane.
Nice!

What I am actually thinking now is that if I can get the BP from ZRH (I am coming into BKK as part of the long F journey from EZE-FRA (LH)-ZRH (LX)-BKK (LX) - SYD (TG)) for BKK-SYD portion, I'd be very much inclined to go to the F lounge and try the spa first upon arrival from ZRH (LX flight arrives around 2:30PM the day before my TG F flight that leaves at 7:55AM)!

Bags will have been checked through... me and my wife would pack our carry-ons with the essentials. After the SPA, we head out to immigration and enjoy the evening in BKK, and come back to the airport around mid-night or so to head over to the F lounge until our morning flight (alternatively, I could go straight in town first on arrival and then come back to the airport around 10PM and get our SPA and wait out for our flight until the next morning at the lounge, if open 24 hours).

Do you guys know what the opening hours are for the F lounge?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bags will have been checked through... me and my wife would pack our carry-ons with the essentials. After the SPA, we head out to immigration and enjoy the evening in BKK, and come back to the airport around mid-night or so to head over to the F lounge until our morning flight (alternatively, I could go straight in town first on arrival and then come back to the airport around 10PM and get our SPA and wait out for our flight until the next morning at the lounge, if open 24 hours).

Do you guys know what the opening hours are for the F lounge?
Lounges are closed from 1:30-5:30AM.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Lounges are closed from 1:30-5:30AM.
That's what I was afraid of... I knew about the closure, but didn't think it was more than two hours! A choice must be made, I guess... 4 hours outside the lounge or overnight in downtown BKK with comfy bed - my gut feeling is to get a hotel room downtown
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
That's what I was afraid of... I knew about the closure, but didn't think it was more than two hours! A choice must be made, I guess... 4 hours outside the lounge or overnight in downtown BKK with comfy bed - my gut feeling is to get a hotel room downtown
Get a room
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:18 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Hi Guys,

I have done some searching but thus far have not found my answer.

Is the Royal Orchid (First) Spa/Lounge ONLY for departing/connecting passengers?

I will be arriving from the US (via either ZRH or FRA) in TG F. BKK is my final destination.

Will I be able to get into the Spa? Or any other lounge on arrival? I am getting there early in the morning and after 25 hours of travel massage sounds awesome.

I will take any lounge I can get, though.

Thanks,

Foo
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by foofiter
Hi Guys,

I have done some searching but thus far have not found my answer.

Is the Royal Orchid (First) Spa/Lounge ONLY for departing/connecting passengers?

I will be arriving from the US (via either ZRH or FRA) in TG F. BKK is my final destination.

Will I be able to get into the Spa? Or any other lounge on arrival? I am getting there early in the morning and after 25 hours of travel massage sounds awesome.

I will take any lounge I can get, though.

Thanks,

Foo
There are no arrivals lounges in BKK. That said, there are reports that pax being picked up at the jetbridge have requested to be brought to the F lounge successfully. This would allow a shower, but spa access is for departing pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.