Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Can i reserve my seat on Thai Airways earlier than checking in online 24h before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can i reserve my seat on Thai Airways earlier than checking in online 24h before?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 5:23 am
Original Poster

I'm travelled from SYD-BKK on staurday 19th June and i'm wondering if i can ring them up and ask to reserve my economy class seat?

Also, do Thai charge for exit row seats?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Hi,

1) Yes you can call them to reserve seats (no charge).

2) No they don't charge extra for exit row. They aren't quite Ryanair (yet).

Caveat: Due to safety regulations exit row seats can only be requested as unconfirmed. Firm requests can only be made at check-in.

Reason: They need to see that you are in good health and capable of operating the emergency door. That means you need to be coherent, not intoxicated, able to follow instructions and move a 20+ kilo door out of the way in an emergency.

My experience as a ROP Gold has been that you need to check-in like 4 hours pre-departure, otherwise your pre-requested emergency exit seat will be given away to someone who checked in and requested it before you.

Regular seat requests can be made and confirmed by phone and are usually honored at check-in without problems.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Hi,

Yes you can call them to reserve seats (no charge).
Regular seat requests can be made and confirmed by phone and are usually honored at check-in without problems.
Well, in Germany they insist on going through your travel agency by which the reservation has been made and which shall do all this through the CRS directly by themselves. But there they cant do a seat resevation for exit row by any means. How is that in other countries? Is TG accepting and performing seat reservations by phon?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
. But there they cant do a seat resevation for exit row by any means. ?
exit row, the magic words.

Hi creole spirit, there are some seats that airlines block until checkin.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by BKKROP
exit row, the magic words.

Hi creole spirit, there are some seats that airlines block until checkin.
True, ROP, exit rows emergency rows are often blocked and allocated by check-in staff after physical check of pax if he/she is able to handle/assist in emergency situation... FI-, LA- and even KB-staff (!!) have always asked me on board before take off if I feel comfortable with it or would prefer to chaneg seats.
But what I wonder: is TG accpeting sear reservations by fon or referring to the agnet through which booking was made? any idea about that in other countries?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Is there any way to change seats via access online at Thai? For the life of me I can't find any way to access my booking online to select seats or change meal preferences, etc.

I know I could change seats when I check in, and when I made the booking I was able to select my seat....but subsequently I changed dates and seats over the phone...but I want to see what is available now since I didn't get the seat I wanted.

Cheers, Powers
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:15 am

[QUOTE=Powers106;14244456]Is there any way to change seats via access online at Thai?

As per TG here in Germany you can check your data by Amadeus "check my trip" (if the reservation has been made through CRS Amadeus) but adjustments like seat changes etc you can only do within 24 hrs prior to respective flights by www.thaiair.com-> "echecking" (you need your personal booking reference code)... but thats not guaranteed....sometimes it works - sometimes not!

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Jul 5, 2010 at 10:24 am
Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Powers106
Is there any way to change seats via access online at Thai? For the life of me I can't find any way to access my booking online to select seats or change meal preferences, etc.

I know I could change seats when I check in, and when I made the booking I was able to select my seat....but subsequently I changed dates and seats over the phone...but I want to see what is available now since I didn't get the seat I wanted.

Cheers, Powers
Powers, online seat change can't be done until online checkin. However, just telephone THAI and they can do this for you.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:49 pm

[QUOTE=Creole Spirit;14245955]
Originally Posted by Powers106
Is there any way to change seats via access online at Thai?
Amadeus have just changed Checkmytrip, so that on some flights you can now reserve seats online, even if the airline doesn't have that facility.

On some bookings you'll now see a "clear seats" and a "save seats" button, and a form with three characters to enter your desired seat number.

Three provisos:
* It doesn't work (very well) yet: it is very buggy, and the seatmap display sometimes goes very weird.
* Sometimes it doesn't work at all.
* You have to type in the exact seat number you want. Curiously, it doesn't check which class you are in before allocating that seat, which might offer a curious way "moving to a different cabin"...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
True, ROP, exit rows emergency rows are often blocked and allocated by check-in staff after physical check of pax if he/she is able to handle/assist in emergency situation... FI-, LA- and even KB-staff (!!) have always asked me on board before take off if I feel comfortable with it or would prefer to chaneg seats.
But what I wonder: is TG accpeting sear reservations by fon or referring to the agnet through which booking was made? any idea about that in other countries?
Well, here in China if you make your booking through a travel agent and either don't get or don't like your seat assignment, you can always call the TG office directly and they will reserve/change for you, as long as you have confirmation # or ticket #. No need to go back to agent. Maybe it is a local TG policy where you are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.