Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connecting time BKK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by travelislife
Thanks for the advice guys, so all good to give it a crack even though it is only 40mins? Any one want to place odds on us making it!
If you leave SYD on time and get aerobridge on arrival, you can make it. If you are as unlucky as I was when I flew this flight last time and get remote stand and a bus ride as I did, you are doomed...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Thanks for the advice guys, so all good to give it a crack even though it is only 40mins? Any one want to place odds on us making it!
Most of the Thai pilots have a lead foot on the return flight home, so the odds are you will make it and the ground crew will be running up and down the concourse screaming your name saying the flight is closing. Like vbroucek everyone will says it is difficult, especially if they are not using your aircraft in the morning. The one time I told someone it was doable i got pm ed telling me they had missed an important meeting and it was all my fault, but I wouldn't start to sweat unless you are late pulling out of SYD.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Most of the Thai pilots have a lead foot on the return flight home, so the odds are you will make it and the ground crew will be running up and down the concourse screaming your name saying the flight is closing. Like vbroucek everyone will says it is difficult, especially if they are not using your aircraft in the morning. The one time I told someone it was doable i got pm ed telling me they had missed an important meeting and it was all my fault, but I wouldn't start to sweat unless you are late pulling out of SYD.
Ha! It was hardly your fault BKKROP! You didn't book the tix...!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
I am thinking now I will just fly it and see what happens, if I miss connect TG will just put me on the next flight yes?
I'm assuming that will apply also in my case for SYD-BKK-IST-LGW (TG then TK, TK) where my connection is now 5 mins under MCT at 70 mins -- if misconnect they will put the pax on the next flight? Who is "they" -- i.e. TK (because they are the onward carrier) desk or TG (because they were late)?

Next TK BKK-IST flight is only around 12 hours later at 11am -- would they pay for hotel overnight -- I assume so based on past experience with revenue flights.

Finally -- would they have any chance (assuming they are not much too late) to persuade TG to let them on the 0015 flight 30 mins later than the TK? (Back to LHR rather than LGW, but that's actually better.). Actually the direct TG flight at 1330 would still get them back to London earlier than indirect via IST...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I'm assuming that will apply also in my case for SYD-BKK-IST-LGW (TG then TK, TK) where my connection is now 5 mins under MCT at 70 mins -- if misconnect they will put the pax on the next flight? Who is "they" -- i.e. TK (because they are the onward carrier) desk or TG (because they were late)?

Next TK BKK-IST flight is only around 12 hours later at 11am -- would they pay for hotel overnight -- I assume so based on past experience with revenue flights.

Finally -- would they have any chance (assuming they are not much too late) to persuade TG to let them on the 0015 flight 30 mins later than the TK? (Back to LHR rather than LGW, but that's actually better.). Actually the direct TG flight at 1330 would still get them back to London earlier than indirect via IST...
If you miss the connection because of a late TG arrival into BKK then TG would be the carrier of record to rebook you.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
If you miss the connection because of a late TG arrival into BKK then TG would be the carrier of record to rebook you.
thanks. That's what I hoped/expected.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
thanks. That's what I hoped/expected.
The caveat, which I failed to include in my response, is that these flights need to be on the same PNR.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The caveat, which I failed to include in my response, is that these flights need to be on the same PNR.
indeed; of course. They are
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
Indeed I knew I was "bricking it" but spend my entire life at this airport so don't want to spend another couple of hours more!

Maybe I need to think about no luggage.....

Thanks guys for some of the reassurance. Will report if I do make it.

Last thing - do you think QR will check in and print BP for me or am I asking for it there again?
Want to pick all your brains some more - am thinking about "strategies".

I am wondering if QR will by any luck check me in for the TG flight (QR612 > TG 600) given the "illegal" transit and separate PNR. And if not, should I do an online check-in/print out at the DOH lounge? If I don't make the connection, will I loose my TG flight altogether?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze

I am wondering if QR will by any luck check me in for the TG flight (QR612 > TG 600) given the "illegal" transit and separate PNR. And if not, should I do an online check-in/print out at the DOH lounge? If I don't make the connection, will I loose my TG flight altogether?
Cannot say it categorically, but I believe that QR will NOT check you for TG flight because it is on two PNRs so they will not have access to it, and should not check you in if it was on one PNR because it is "illegal" MCT.
If you do on-line check-in and miss the connection, you are "no show" for TG and are losing your TG flight altogether... However, being "checked-in" may cause them to try to locate you at the airport and delay departure of the TG flight, so...
Old Nov 8, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by vbroucek

Cannot say it categorically, but I believe that QR will NOT check you for TG flight because it is on two PNRs so they will not have access to it, and should not check you in if it was on one PNR because it is "illegal" MCT.
If you do on-line check-in and miss the connection, you are "no show" for TG and are losing your TG flight altogether... However, being "checked-in" may cause them to try to locate you at the airport and delay departure of the TG flight, so...
Reporting from the big blue whale - I made it with 5-10min to boarding. Thanks for all the insights.

Indeed QR wouldn't check me in but good thing is QR tried their best to leave ASAP and made up time en-route plus great gate slot at BKK

Wasn't too easy to pull off without knowledge of the airport so yeah, 60min connection is v tight.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold

TG have put a dummy segment in to my booking for the 830am flight. Now have to decide wether to ticket it or not and run with the original. I kinda have a feeling though when I check in to SYD they will want to put me straight on it rather than risk the 40min connection. What to do, mmm!? They wont auto cancel the whole ticket though will they if I don't ticket it?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 1:20 am

40min given my experience today is too tight.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:17 am

SGN-BKK-RGN all on TG551 and TG301, connection time 1h 15 mins = 75 mins, no check-in luggage. Is it too tight? Is the arrival gate of TG551 close to the boarding gate of TG301? This is my first time in BKK airport. It seems there is no information about the gates for these flights. Anyone knows? Do I have to go through security screening again? Please help. Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 2:25 am

no issue at all, esp give you are on two TG flight as well, just make sure they check you in at SGN and provide boarding passes for both legs and it will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.