Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connecting time BKK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Just to confirm TG to TG International is ok with 55 minutes MCT right?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by lallyr
Just to confirm TG to TG International is ok with 55 minutes MCT right?
Standard at BKK is 75 mins but TG-TG International with an e-ticket falls under exceptional rule and 55 mins is legal:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.8.R5/Diamond - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: BKK/TG-TG]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         BKK                          075 075 075 075  
TG-TG ONLINE      BKK                          055 075 075 055 
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Bangkok Air to TG advice please

I have a flt on TG in J out of BKK at 00:30. Going to BRU.
I am coming from REP on Bangkok Air. I can get a evening flight that would get me in to BKK with a little bit less than 2.5 hours to make my connection.

I checked on flight stats and this particular flight has an average delay of 39 minutes. I will only have carry on so baggage transfer is not an issue.

If late am I still OK? Is it still 75 minutes INT-INT?

The other option is to get in at 4:00pm and hang around for 7.5 hours before boarding. I dont think tours into BKK would be an option as wouldn't most things be closed? It would be on a Monday if that makes a difference.

What would the experts do?

Cheers
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by cruisr
I am coming from REP on Bangkok Air. I can get a evening flight that would get me in to BKK with a little bit less than 2.5 hours to make my connection.

I checked on flight stats and this particular flight has an average delay of 39 minutes. I will only have carry on so baggage transfer is not an issue.

The other option is to get in at 4:00pm and hang around for 7.5 hours before boarding. I dont think tours into BKK would be an option as wouldn't most things be closed? It would be on a Monday if that makes a difference.

What would the experts do?

Cheers
PG has been running 1 hour delays on most of my recent flights. While 75 mins is certainly doable I'd take the earlier flight and take the train into town for some food/drink before coming back to the airport.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:48 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by cruisr

PG-TG is 60 minutes:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.9.0/Diamond - Reference: Minimum Connection Time [MCT]: BKK/PG-TG]
Code:
                                               DD  DI  ID  II   
STANDARD:         BKK                          075 075 075 075  

EXCEPTIONS:                                                     
A/L                 DEPARR                                      

PG                  CEI                        --- 060 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  CNX                        --- 060 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  HDY                        --- 060 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  HKT                        --- 060 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  KBV                        --- 060 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  LPT                        --- 075 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  TDX                        --- 075 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  THS                        --- 075 --- ---  
TG                                                              

PG                  USM                        --- 060 --- ---  
TG 

PG                                             060 --- --- 060  
TG                                                              

-ALL-                                          --- --- 075 075  
TG                                                              

**END OF DISPLAY**
Old Jan 10, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: various
I'd take my chances with the evening flight as you planned, especially if your time in Siem Reap was relatively limited already. Even with a one hour inbound delay you should have plenty of time. If you have a lot of time at Siem Reap so truncating it wouldn't cause you to miss out, then I'd go even earlier in the day than 16:00, and spend most of the day + evening in Bangkok.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:04 am

Has anyone done this recently? I am flying from HKG-BKK-KTM, and my connection time in BKK is only 55 mins as well. There are no other flights to KTM that day. Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:51 am

And, after doing a lot of reading, it sounds like this airport is super confusing! I wonder if I'm even going to find my next gate, let alone transfer/transit desk etc. Now I'm nervous!
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BeachShan
And, after doing a lot of reading, it sounds like this airport is super confusing! I wonder if I'm even going to find my next gate, let alone transfer/transit desk etc. Now I'm nervous!
It's an airport with consecutively numbered gates. There are signs as well, fancy that. It's a cakewalk compared to FRA.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:25 pm

Thanks for the response. I did anticipate signs. I guess my worry was more that I'm international to international with 55 mins to connect, in a completely unfamiliar airport, in a part of the world I've never been, by myself. Sorry, just was wondering if anyone had ever done it - and by "it" I mean the 55 minute connection- successfully
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The best thing you can do upon arrival is go to either the east or west transfer security areas positioned at the concourse confluences, A/B/C/D and D/E/F/G. If you find a board with departure gates on the way great, if not you'll see one immediately upon gaining access to the international area.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
TG -> TK 70 mins ok?

I was booked on a BD award ticket SYD-BKK-IST-LGW with first seg on TG and second two on TK. connection time at BKK has now reduced to 70 mins. Is that now below MCT?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
I was booked on a BD award ticket SYD-BKK-IST-LGW with first seg on TG and second two on TK. connection time at BKK has now reduced to 70 mins. Is that now below MCT?
MCT at BKK is 75 minutes although you are technically below the MCT I would still say you have more then enough time. I have successfully connected at BKK at 40 mins for international flights which were non TG although that was due to delays from incoming flight and not schedule changes.

You have two choices either play it dumb and just get the flight. You were not to know that the MCT was not going to be met in case you have a major delay.

Second choice is contact TK and get them to rebook you on a later or a next day flight and then get BD to resissue. This is going to be a royal pain in the backside to get done but if you want 100% security is the only way.

Personally I would just go ahead with the ticket as its only 5 minutes.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by lallyr
MCT at BKK is 75 minutes although you are technically below the MCT I would still say you have more then enough time. I have successfully connected at BKK at 40 mins for international flights which were non TG although that was due to delays from incoming flight and not schedule changes.

You have two choices either play it dumb and just get the flight. You were not to know that the MCT was not going to be met in case you have a major delay.

Second choice is contact TK and get them to rebook you on a later or a next day flight and then get BD to resissue. This is going to be a royal pain in the backside to get done but if you want 100% security is the only way.

Personally I would just go ahead with the ticket as its only 5 minutes.
thanks for this. Unfortunately I do know since DC have just contacted me (what efficiency!) by an answerphone message and just now an email. So probably can't play dumb. I guess this may be on the PNR as a note?

I will call DC, but wanted to explore options and get advice before so doing!

This has been a really unlucky trip. The outward had a change of flight times meaning MCT was also broken so I had to rebook with flying blue (after TK altered their outward flight time and it misconnected with TG -- and I had no luck with calling TK), and it looks like I may have to do the same now and rebook with flying blue (where there is CZ availability)... I wont be a pax (wife & daughter travelling alone), so I'm a bit less willing to take risks on their behalf. If it were me, I agree I'd take the risk -- I can run faster than they can!

Sigh. I'm going to end up with a stack of Avios now. And is there Avios availability? Of course not
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Minimum connecting time BKK

I have QR (J) DOH - BKK - (TG) - HKG (most likely upgraded J) with 61min connection. I will need to check luggage - you guys think I'm really cutting it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.