The Disappearing Dom

Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:47 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by MACH81
Thank God! I'm flying on thurs and I really was gettin' scared! Certainly don't want to miss the DOM!
...past performance is not a guarantee of future success..with TG...but hopefully this will not be the case Thursday! Do let us know....
Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So as a non-F Flyer (yikes ) could I sneak in the question what champagne is served in C? Did I read correctly in a previous post that it is Moet? That would be quite satisfactory on my end. I need to numb my senses on the A330-300 from SIN to BKK. Thanks

Cheers ...
Old Dec 21, 2009, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by demue
So as a non-F Flyer (yikes ) could I sneak in the question what champagne is served in C? Did I read correctly in a previous post that it is Moet? That would be quite satisfactory on my end. I need to numb my senses on the A330-300 from SIN to BKK. Thanks

Cheers ...
TG serves Moet in the F lounge at BKK.

They were pouring Pommery in C last year.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
On a recent flight BKK-SYD they were pouring Bollinger, in abundance! I was very happy, to say the least...

Hic.

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:49 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by macabus
TG serves Moet in the F lounge at BKK.

They were pouring Pommery in C last year.
Thanks for the info. I will check what is being poured in C (not that any of you F-Flyers care ) and report back. Pommery - well I will survive. Also LVMH but more 'low-scale'. Cheers
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:04 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Yes it is definitely still Pommery in C
Old Dec 22, 2009, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I believe it was Pommery in C SIN-BKK a few days ago.

My pre-departure drink request was denied because, 'We are not allowed to serve alcohol on the ground in SIN.' After questioning this (and still unsure if he meant it was SIN rules or TG rules (neither of which I'm inclined to believe) - 5 minutes later I had a glass of champagne as a, '1 time exception.'
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by dazz81
Yes it is definitely still Pommery in C
Well it was Bolly on my Nov 13th BKK-SYD... I am certain the Champers can be a lottery, just like TG metal!

Either way, I love Pommery and Bolly - win/win!

Cheers,

Old Dec 23, 2009, 9:50 am

No Lottery

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Well it was Bolly on my Nov 13th BKK-SYD... I am certain the Champers can be a lottery, just like TG metal!

Cheers,

The only thing that is 100% sure are the questionable eggs for breakfast. In ANY class.

Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Fan2502
The only thing that is 100% sure are the questionable eggs for breakfast. In ANY class.

There is no question.

The eggs are horrendous. Even in F.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The serving of eggs is, in fact, a Thai government bird-flu control measure intending to control poultry numbers in Thailand by mandating the cooking of as many eggs as possible, and THAI has pledged to be a sector leader in this regard [if only it was 01 Apr ].

And I agree - never had a good one yet in any class.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
It's been Pommery in C on all my recent regional flights.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
I am positive you are having a lend of us TK,but I must say, I've seen very few birds with runny noses in Thailand, so TG is to be congratulated, in fact they should give all their directors a pat on the back, a jar of Vick's vapour rub, and maybe unlimited excess baggage for Christmas.

Since time began, it's been impossible to cook an egg or toast bread "up there", the toasters on the new A380 cost AU$18000 each, and if you leave the eggs in for a second to long in their cooker, they turn green, or the omelette turns to foam rubber. The poor crew, they do the best they can
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BKKROP
or the omelette turns to foam rubber
LOL, best description ever!! Perhaps there is a marketing opportunity for these omelette things as backpacker bed-rolls.....

Spending the Day in AKL, and camping at the Koru Club, where the eggs were just fine at breakfast. The sun is nearly past the yard-arm, and a holiday beverage beckons.....
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'

Cheers,

What kind of Bollinger???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.