FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   Entering DFW without paying a Toll? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/977488-entering-dfw-without-paying-toll.html)

uncertaintraveler Jul 21, 2009 4:16 pm

Entering DFW without paying a Toll?

Is it possible to enter DFW without paying a toll? Specifically, entering DFW and parking at the Terminal D parking facility?

From Google Maps, it looks like there are some service roads (toll-free) adjacent to International Parkway, but I've seen some conflicting information (the majority of which says you must pay a toll to enter DFW).

Lastly, if a toll is required to be paid, I know that the Grand Hyatt DFW offers complimentary self-parking, but does anyone know if that includes payment of the tolls as well?

TMOliver Jul 22, 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler (Post 12101820)
Is it possible to enter DFW without paying a toll? Specifically, entering DFW and parking at the Terminal D parking facility?

From Google Maps, it looks like there are some service roads (toll-free) adjacent to International Parkway, but I've seen some conflicting information (the majority of which says you must pay a toll to enter DFW).

Lastly, if a toll is required to be paid, I know that the Grand Hyatt DFW offers complimentary self-parking, but does anyone know if that includes payment of the tolls as well?

I wouldn't attempt to reach the D parking area on any but the normal entry routes from N or S entrances.

You'll pay the "toll" when departing the airport, and the last time I attended a function at the Grand Hyatt, the "Complimentary Parking" endorsement at the hotel desk included the 'toll" (which is not really a toll in the strictest sense, simply a part of the parking charges if you use a garage/lot. I'm not sure how the hotel would treat a request for a "parker" who does not occupy a room, dine in the hotel or attend a function there.

hhoope01 Jul 22, 2009 9:33 am

The service roads along the side of DFW do not provide public access to the airport. Basically, you have the North or South entrances which each have booths to get a ticket on entry and pay the parking fee on exit.

uncertaintraveler Jul 22, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks, all.

Since I'll be staying at the Grand Hyatt DFW, my worries about having to pay the toll have been alleviated.

oldpenny16 Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

The bellmen will be glad to stamp your parking card thingie. Sometimes we go over there just to eat at the Grand Hyatt and get free parking.

swag Jul 23, 2009 7:05 am

If you have a Tolltag in your car, make sure you don't use a Tolltag lane to enter or exit. You'll need the parking ticket for the free parking.