Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Terminal C to D

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

DFW Terminal C to D

It's been a while since I've flown through DFW. Do they still have signs around indicating whether it's faster to walk versus taking the Skylink? I think it would be faster (and I have a tight connection) for me to walk from middle of C terminal to D terminal. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
http://www.dfwairport.com/connect/index.php

Trains arrive every two minutes with an average ride time of five minutes, and you remain inside security. Unless you want to enjoy our salubrious climate, there's no decision to make. Take Skylink.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks jpmcdonough. The last time I took Skylink we were stranded for 20 minutes in between stations. we finally reached a station and were forced to take the opposite train which took twice as long. I guess I am subconsciously remember my last experience. I'll give Skylink another chance
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
I always walk it, if nothing else for the exercise. I try hard never to have a tight connection, though. Especially at DFW ot ATL in the summer...in the afternoon.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by deputter
Thanks jpmcdonough. The last time I took Skylink we were stranded for 20 minutes in between stations. we finally reached a station and were forced to take the opposite train which took twice as long. I guess I am subconsciously remember my last experience. I'll give Skylink another chance
The system (which I have personally never used) is new, so maybe you rode on the predecessor system, which was not very good. I've heard nothing but raves about this one.

I'm also not sure that walking from C to D is even possible. I wouldn't try it.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please follow this thread as it is being moved to the United States -> South forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

It was the new system (Skylink), it had to be rebooted as all the trains stopped going in that particular direction.

My connection is an hour and twenty minutes, but flights from SFO are notorious for being delayed. Thanks for all the replies (and the redirect to the proper forum).
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Riding the Skylink with some regularity, half a dozen times in the last couple of months, I not experienced, seen or heard of any delays, and it seems the most convenient/accessible system around, providing two directional choices for every ride and good frequency of service. It's an almost automatic choice for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.