Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staying in Houston's Galleria area

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Staying in Houston's Galleria area

I'm visiting Houston in mid-July for five days and have reservations at InterContinental Houston in the Galleria district. I know the hotel has free transportation to the shopping mall, but should I rent a car? What else is there to do in and around the Galleria? Recommendations for restaurants near the hotel are appreciated!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
If it's still there (I haven't been to Houston in a few years) Chacho's, at 6006 Westheimer, has awesome Tex-Mex food, especially their fajitas. Actually, all along that street for about 10 blocks or maybe more there are many good restaurants.

The Galleria area itself is mostly about shopping and eating. There is a lot to do and see in the Hermann Park/ Museum district.

Last edited by Notenut; Jun 16, 2009 at 2:07 pm
Old Jun 16, 2009, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by TripTime
I'm visiting Houston in mid-July for five days and have reservations at InterContinental Houston in the Galleria district. I know the hotel has free transportation to the shopping mall, but should I rent a car? What else is there to do in and around the Galleria? Recommendations for restaurants near the hotel are appreciated!
If you want to leave the Galleria area (and you likely will...), a car will be essential. Houston's public transport system is largely useless, unless you are going from where you don't want to be to where you don't want to go.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
If you want to leave the Galleria area (and you likely will...), a car will be essential. Houston's public transport system is largely useless, unless you are going from where you don't want to be to where you don't want to go.
Dead on, if you want to go anywhere besides the galleria, you should rent a car. Besides shopping and eating, there is not much else to do in the Galleria area. The mall itself is nice for a day, but I dont think I could find something to do there for 5 days.

One of my favorite restaurants inside the Galleria is the Daily Grill if you like steak. There are chain restaurants there too, Cheesecake Factory, Grand Luxe Cafe, Maggianos, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.