Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Places to Eat San Antonio Riverwalk

Old Mar 9, 2009, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club

Heading to San Antonio to attend our son's graduation from Air force basic training.

Any suggestions for dining ( actually lunch ) on the Riverwalk area? He gets a town pass Saturday and we'd like to stop someplace nice to celebrate his accomplishment.

Barry
Old May 9, 2009, 12:29 am

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Barry,

I would suggest taking the river boat ride. It cost $5 per person and you will get an interesting 30 min ride up & down the river. As you ride, you will pass 10-12 restaurants. It really will depend on what you are in the mood for. As I recall, there's a Irish pub, quite a few mexican places, sushi, BBQ and my favorite "Eat at Joes" crabshack. You then get off the boat and walk the riverwalk! You can walk the whole area in about 30 minutes.

If you have the time, definately visit the Alamo. It's literally across the street from the riverwalk area. A audio guided tour take about 1-2 hrs and cost (I think) $5 each. But well worth it.

Tell your son congratulations!
Old May 9, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Ok, duh! I just noticed the date of his request.
Old May 10, 2009, 1:47 pm

March 9th? Guessed I missed this one. Gotta love the San Antonio River Walk - hope they enjoyed it!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.