Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

fast dfw security line

fast dfw security line

Old May 19, 2009, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

fast dfw security line

iad has an unpublicized frequent traveler security line buried in the baggage pickup area. does dfw have any such facility.

i usually go through security around 6am, which is when we have a tsa shift change.
Old May 19, 2009, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
DFW has so many checkpoints, that security lines are rarely long. I typically see 2 minutes or less midday, up to maybe 10-15 during the Monday morning peak. The airport is so spread out that saving 10 minutes in line by using a checkpoint in another terminal really won't save any time.

That said, there's a checkpoint in the middle of terminal D under the hotel. It's not adjacent to any ticket counters, so during the rare cases when lines are very long (e.g. Holiday weekends), that may be your best bet.
Old May 19, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
With dozens of security lines, including the newest one in the middle of D at the hotel, I don't recall any more than a slow shuffle of a couple of minutes at any of them. Certainly, the new Skylink has reduced confusion in moving between terminals within security to a minimum (both in time and effort), eliminating the one "long" walk, "High A" to "Low C"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.