Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:42 am

thanks

thanks for the replies! My only saving grace is I was bumped up to business class so hopefully they'll wait for me! Wish me luck!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by msptraveler
thanks for the replies! My only saving grace is I was bumped up to business class so hopefully they'll wait for me! Wish me luck!
Wait for you? Don't reduce me to hysterics! They'll have your business class seat filled with a upgrade/standby quicker'n spit.

Having an agent call ahead from your arrival gate that you're on your way with way on sometimes helps, but is not always dependably defensible.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:52 pm

Houston airport - one hour connection

Hi everyone,
I'm looking at booking a vacation package and the flight options are only giving me a one hour layover in Houston. This would be flying from Seattle to Cancun. Do you think that's enough time to connect? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:04 pm

Houston 1 hr

it depends what airline you are coming in on, and what time arriving, and which airport.

I live in Houston and have flown in and out of both airports.

JK
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:24 pm

I dont think Hobby has any service to Cancun, so youre probably flying through IAH. One hour should be enough as every terminal is connected airside by both walkways and a train system. Coming in from SEA youll land in either C or E and CUN flights leave from E, which is not a long walk at all.

Im guessing the OP is flying CO all the way through, though I guess he could fly SEA-IAH on AS.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
Originally Posted by IAHRyan
One hour should be enough as every terminal is connected airside by both walkways and a train system. Coming in from SEA youll land in either C or E and CUN flights leave from E, which is not a long walk at all.
Technically, not true, to switch to A (heck, even to go to the other end of A) one must take the shuttle bus on the Tarmac.

That said, I doubt the OP is using terminal A, I agree that 1 hour should be enough.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by ~tc~
Technically, not true, to switch to A (heck, even to go to the other end of A) one must take the shuttle bus on the Tarmac.

That said, I doubt the OP is using terminal A, I agree that 1 hour should be enough.
The train runs to A now, it was finished a few months ago.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I have a layover in HOU.. originally there was a choice for 1 hour layover, or 4 hours..

I chose the 4 hour connection.. to hang out at the lounge and not hop to the next leg so quickly..
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:12 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
seaera, welcome to FLyerTalk. Please follow the thread as it moves to the Travel->South forum where Houston and its airports are discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:00 am

Hi again,
Sorry, yes, I should have been more specific. I would be flying on Continental and connecting through IAH.
Thanks for your replies.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
IAH connection restaurant options outside security

Hi All:

I did a little searching in the forum and did not find anything; my apologies if this is somewhere else. I am *G with AC but have booked a CO operated UA flight in November from YEG-CLT through IAH (connecting onto US to CLT ... all CO back home through IAH). My aunt lives in the Houston area so I booked a layover from 12:00-3:30 hoping she can come out to catch lunch with me. Are there decent options either outside security at the airport, or an easy way for me to transfer (i.e. LRT, etc.) near IAH for a good lunch stop??

Can I plan on a fastrack security line as *G when going back to catch my connection? I also have Global Entry in case that trumps *G at IAH.

Thanks to the IAH regulars in advance for tips.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do not know of any decent restaurants on-property at IAH that are outside security. If she's driving out to meet you that opens up a few more options but 3:30 is a bit tight to get through immigration/customs, off property for lunch and then back through security prior to departure.

Good luck!
Old Sep 4, 2011, 3:44 pm
In memoriam

I am not a regular at IAH - but a quick search turned up only one restaurant at IAH that is outside security - Stadium City Bar & Grill. It has one review on Yelp (not especially positive):

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stadium-city...-grill-houston

If I were you - I'd stick with the place at the airport (unless your aunt has a better idea). Since the primary point of the exercise is having lunch with your aunt - not a gourmet meal. That way you don't have to worry about traffic - finding a place - slow service at a restaurant - etc. And who knows. If you expect an awful meal - and get an ok one - you may even be happy with the dining experience. Robyn

P.S. I didn't notice you were an international arrival. In that case - definitely stay at the airport. Just check that this place is still open (it seems to be - but - since it's the only place outside security - doesn't hurt to check).
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by jmcintosh

Can I plan on a fastrack security line as *G when going back to catch my connection? I also have Global Entry in case that trumps *G at IAH.
*G might get you a priority TSA line INTO the airport.

Global Entry gets started OUT rapidly bypassing the first part of customs only to wait for your *G priority tagged luggage to come out with/after everyone else's to again queue in line as you exit customs.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I can't think of any exceptional restaurants near the airport - just your usual assortment of chains. Does YEG have US pre-clearance? IAH has priority lines for *G but they aren't always enforced so I wouldn't risk my connection on the assumption that security will be a breeze.

Maybe your aunt could pick up lunch on the way to the airport, pick you up, park, eat, then drive back to IAH?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.