Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Obama DFW disruptions

Obama DFW disruptions

Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Silver
Obama DFW disruptions

Will Obama's (and other high profile figures) visit to Dallas have impacts on DFW operations today? I have a flight out of DFW at 4:50pm, and it appears Obama leaves Dallas at 4:35pm. (http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2016/07/11/obama-schedule-tuesday-july-12-2016/)

Which airport does he use? Do I need to allow more time for pre-check? Expect delayed flight?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:10 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ajklink
Will Obama's (and other high profile figures) visit to Dallas have impacts on DFW operations today? I have a flight out of DFW at 4:50pm, and it appears Obama leaves Dallas at 4:35pm. (http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...-july-12-2016/)

Which airport does he use? Do I need to allow more time for pre-check? Expect delayed flight?
Sorry for the late reply, just now saw this.

Air Force One always flies into DAL, which is much closer to downtown, so for future reference, there should be minimal if any effect on DFW.

DAL, well that's another story. There were no other planes taking off or landing last time I went to see Air Force One take off (the only time I've seen it take off - only saw it parked before).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Sorry for the late reply, just now saw this.

Air Force One always flies into DAL, which is much closer to downtown, so for future reference, there should be minimal if any effect on DFW.

DAL, well that's another story. There were no other planes taking off or landing last time I went to see Air Force One take off (the only time I've seen it take off - only saw it parked before).
One of the local networks mentioned there was a ground stop from the time everyone was boarding to when Air Force Two departed.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:19 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Sant
One of the local networks mentioned there was a ground stop from the time everyone was boarding to when Air Force Two departed.
Sounds right.

Someone in the crowd said, well someone who seemed familiar with how things work, said that as well.

All I can confirm is that there were no planes landing or taking off when Air Force One was moving the one and only time I was there for takeoff.

Flights started taking off and landing shortly after AF1 took off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.