Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Dallas to Denton - Taxis in Denton?

Old May 21, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TWA Aviators

I have to go to Denton TX for a wedding. I'm going to arrive in Dallas from Austin (probably by Greyhound... I'll return my rental car when I arrive in Austin). I'm perfectly happy to take the commuter trains out to Denton (it takes almost 2 hours, but that's fine). But I'm stuck on the 'final mile' from the train stations in Denton to the wedding venue.

Do you know if there are normally taxis (the old-fashioned kind) at any of the commuter rail stations? Google instructs me to take the A-Line to Medpark Station in Denton. Are there likely to be taxis there? Is that an absolutely crazy idea?

I'm from the UK and hoping not to rely on using cell phone data in America, so hoping not to have to rely on getting an uber/lyft, but I guess I can if necessary.

Thanks-- I've never been to Texas, and simply have no idea what the taxi situation is, especially in the aftermath of Uber.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:35 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Skiddie
I have to go to Denton TX for a wedding. I'm going to arrive in Dallas from Austin (probably by Greyhound...
If you don't mind spending more money, Vonlane has coach service in equivalent of domestic FC aircraft seat and service. About $100 each way, so not cheap. IIRC there's also Megabus.

Originally Posted by Skiddie
Do you know if there are normally taxis (the old-fashioned kind) at any of the commuter rail stations?
Been a long time since I've been to Denton, and not since A Line started.

But I can tell you that in Dallas none of the light rail stations have taxis waiting. At least one has something like Zipcar, but at around $9 an hour it's not cheap.
Old May 22, 2016, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Are you avoiding cell phone use altogether, or just data? If you can make a phone call, I'm sure you could get an old-fashioned taxi to pick you up.

Or could you arrange in advance to have another wedding guest pick you up?
Old May 22, 2016, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TWA Aviators
Thanks both for your responses. Really helpful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.