Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Hotel for Houston Layover

Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

I figure this is the best forum to start this thread in. I have a 18 hour layover in IAH next month. Looking for a cheap hotel ideally with views of the airport or at least approach path. Don't want to spend much more than $100. Does anyone have suggestions'?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Vuzuggu
I figure this is the best forum to start this thread in. I have a 18 hour layover in IAH next month. Looking for a cheap hotel ideally with views of the airport or at least approach path. Don't want to spend much more than $100. Does anyone have suggestions'?
The IAH Marriott between Terminals B & C.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
The Marriott
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The IAH Marriott between Terminals B & C.
Originally Posted by mduell
The Marriott
DITTO
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice however the Marriott is significantly more expensive than I can afford. Its coming out at around 250 when I only really have 100.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Are there any other hotels that would be around the 100 mark? The Marriott does look very good but its just out of my price range.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vuzuggu
Are there any other hotels that would be around the 100 mark? The Marriott does look very good but its just out of my price range.
There are lots of budget options around IAH, but the Marriott is the only one actually on airport property. Shouldn't have much difficulty finding a room under $100. I just took this from Google Maps.

Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
There are lots of budget options around IAH, but the Marriott is the only one actually on airport property. Shouldn't have much difficulty finding a room under $100.
Yup, lots of choices around IAH under a hundred. Look to properties east of airport, you should get a good look at landing if wind blows in the right direction. The takoff tends to take the other two runways, usually to southeast, again depending on wind.

Quite a few newish properties along Will Clayton (IIRC, too lazy to look up & confirm street name).
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:23 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
you're not going to find a hotel around traffic other than the marriott or the hotels onjfk. but a lot of approaches tend to come over us59 where there are no hotels. i stay at the sheraton sometimes and you'll see departures banking right over the outdoor pool, it's nice.

BUT there is an ice house on greens rd right near approach of 33 L, called MJ Drive Inn or something, worth checking out. friendly people and $6 pitchers, if i have 3-4 hour layovers in houston i always stop by
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:41 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
The Wingate Inn is a favorite of mine (-:
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
The Sheraton is a good option especially if you have status with SPG. prices often below $100 (if you can use Senior, AAA or some other discount plan), but can be high if Hotel is nearly full.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage, and HHonors
There are some good hotels for a decent price but these hotels are off airport property but not far from IAH.I think some of them do have free shuttle service between the airport and hotel you would have to look on their hotel amenities. Here are some options: Ramada, La Quinta(IAH South on JFK Blvd), Red Roof, and Hampton Inn. All are located on JFK Blvd not a far drive to one these hotels. Do not stay over by the Greenspoint area(Bad Area).
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Thanks for all the advice here - I was also looking for a place for one night - may settle on HI Express. (I need to keep points from expiring - hence my choice).

But will heed the info from xxwerftxx about a bad area before I commit - many thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Thanks for all the advice here - I was also looking for a place for one night - may settle on HI Express. (I need to keep points from expiring - hence my choice).

But will heed the info from xxwerftxx about a bad area before I commit - many thanks!
Greenspoint (or "Gunspoint", as the locals call it) is about 4 miles SW of IAH just NE of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-45, and is not likely an area that would come up in your hotel search if you keep the search radius near the airport.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:13 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Bonehead
Greenspoint (or "Gunspoint", as the locals call it) is about 4 miles SW of IAH just NE of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-45, and is not likely an area that would come up in your hotel search if you keep the search radius near the airport.
I am not sure those hotels even have shuttles, FWIW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.