Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Austin - Hyatt Regency Austin vs Hilton Austin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat

Has anyone stayed at both the Hyatt Regency Austin and the Hilton Austin, who might be able to help me pick between the two? They're pricing up at only a couple of dollars a night apart, and not too bad a price (some surrounding hotels are quite a lot more, strangely), so I'm trying to work out which to go for.

I'm both a Hilton HHonors Diamond and Hyatt HGP Diamond, though I'm expecting both to be full when I'm there, so not sure on upgrades. (No DSU availability at the Hyatt for example). Both ought to give me breakfast, no idea what it'd be like at either though?

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency a couple of years ago, but before I had Hyatt status, and found it quite nice. I've not tried the Hilton Austin before, so no idea what it's like. I'll be at a conference at the Convention Center, so the Hilton would be more convenient, but I won't be going back to the room that often so the short walk over the bridge won't be too bad. If anything, the Hyatt nights would be more useful than Hilton ones for requalification.

Anyone tried both and able to offer an opinion on how they compare, for elite guests?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I had a stay at the Hyatt last year. It's definitely older and feels it sometimes, but the staff there is quite good. Breakfast is also really impressive, both a full buffet and large menu (the Eggs Benedict were delicious) but they got overwhelmed really easily. The Hilton has a better location, if I couldn't confirm a DSU at the Hyatt, I'd try the Hilton.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Both are pretty similar - I'd just stay at Hilton for the location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.