Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH customs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

IAH customs

How long a layover should I schedule, in Houston, to clear customs and then get my flight to El Paso? I will be arriving probably around 7:00 am on a Friday morning
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by service1010
How long a layover should I schedule, in Houston, to clear customs and then get my flight to El Paso? I will be arriving probably around 7:00 am on a Friday morning
Are you a US citizen? Do you have global entry? Will you check bags?

I went through the international terminal at IAH on Monday (coming in on BA). With global entry, immigration took about 2 minutes.
It took much longer to walk through the baggage claim. Since I didn't check bags, I didn't have to wait for that.
My next flight was on AA out of Terminal A. I took the underground train over (maybe 5-10 min).

All in, I'd guess I got from plane to my next gate in about 20 min. Would have been faster if I had walked through the tunnel.

The line for non-US citizens was crazy long!
It looked like they had kiosks for US citizens, similar to the global entry kiosks.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Sorry, should have added:

US Citizen
Checked bag
No GE

Seems like the darn kiosks make it longer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.