Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good restaurants near IAH airport? Not IN, but around

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Good restaurants near IAH airport? Not IN, but around

Can anyone help out here? Sorry if this is not the section to post this in. I figure I would ask United junkies since IAH is a hub.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:06 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The appropriate forum to ask this non-UA specific question is the Texas (Travel) Forum; I'll move this there.

I will add that my very limited experience is that the area surrounding IAH is not particularly nice.

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The area around the airport is a culinary dead zone. Most top-rated restaurants are inside the Loop 610. That being said, there is a good French restaurant is Humble (prounounced "umble"):

http://cheznousfrenchrestaurant.com/

Outside of that, you're looking at mostly chain restaurants in Humble (US59 at FM1960 area, or in the Greenspoint ("Gunspoint") area. Top choices for chain restaurants in either location would be Pappas Seafood and Pappasitos (Tex-Mex). Both concepts are run by the same people that run the Pappadeux's at Terminal E - decent food at decent prices. Humble would be a slightly cheaper cab ride.

Also in Greenpoint is Jimmy G's Cajun. Don't see the point in going there w/ Pappadeaux's at airport:

http://www.jimmyg.com/

Bon Appetit!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:31 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Back when I used to fly from IAH from work I would ofter eat at couple of places around I-45 and FM 1960.

There were Vietnamese and Mexican restaurants that served rather decent food.

Sorry, can't recall the names right now, and Google is banned here in China where I'm posting from at the moment.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:21 am

Just check and try "cheznous French Restaurant".....
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Chez Nous definitely fits the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.