Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

IAH to Hotel, Hotel to port

Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

I'll soon be in Houston and I need a transport from IAH to the city (Club Quarters/Fannin St).

A few days later I need to be at the port (taking a Norwegian Cruise).

Could you please advice me in terms of transportation? Do I really have to take a cab? Can you suggest any reliable shuttles (even shared)?

Which taxi company is the cheapest (how can I recognize them)?

Are there any limousines around with a flat fee (if not insane expensive)?

Thanks indeed!! Sorry, but I always try to know my way beforehand
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Supershuttle.com will get you to your hotel in a shared van for $24 per person. They are a nation wide company and provide fairly good service. It looks like they have private sedan service for four passengers for a flat fee of $70.

Check with your hotel to see if the hotel has a shuttle from the airport!

I suggest you check with your cruise company to see if they have transportation available from Houston to the port -that will probably be easiest and only a few dollars more expensive than other options.

Uber is always an option for both trips, too.

Have a great trip!

P.S. It looks like you can book a sedan for four people from your hotel to the port via Supershuttle for $70 as well.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jan 3, 2015 at 2:44 am
Old Jan 7, 2015, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Supershuttle.com will get you to your hotel in a shared van for $24 per person. They are a nation wide company and provide fairly good service. It looks like they have private sedan service for four passengers for a flat fee of $70.

Check with your hotel to see if the hotel has a shuttle from the airport!

I suggest you check with your cruise company to see if they have transportation available from Houston to the port -that will probably be easiest and only a few dollars more expensive than other options.
That is what I would do.

And all taxis are regulated, so charge the same price per mile and/or stopped time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.