Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

0100 Arrival at IAH, Ground Transportation Options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Delta

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes:

I'm arriving at IAH Houston at 0030 on November 7, Eva Airlines from Taiwan. I have a room at the La Quinta near IAH; however, the complimentary shuttle ends at 2300. I've Googled for info and read some travelers had difficulty getting a taxi to a near by hotel (As I understand IAH airport taxis work on a zone system, so prices are fixed.)

One guy posted that he had to pay $40 to get a super shuttle to a near by hotel, sounds pricy. Yeah I'm spoiled by relatively cheap taxis is Asia

Maybe I'll get lucky with a taxi or can join a group to share a private shuttle.

Any tips from the board?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:21 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As a lot of IAH issues are discussed in the Texas forum, I'll move this there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Delta
^ Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 5:16 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Didn't think SuperShuttle did that kind of ripoff - there's another shuttle at DFW that tried to charge me something like that when they didn't have any other pax going toward downtown and offered to "lease" the whole van.

I only take taxis in Asia, and I've never arrived at IAH that late, but Uber and Lyft are becoming quite popular - you may be able to reserve something in advance, as it's done via an app. No personal experience.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
It looks like the IAH Sheraton is about 2 doors down from La Quinta and has a 24-hr shuttle; maybe hop on that one and walk to La Quinta?

http://www.sheratonnorthhouston.com/
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Late-night Supershuttle at IAH can be risky. More than once I've had to wait 2-3 hours for the van to actually show up after a midnight arrival.

I'd suggest changing your first night to the on-airport Marriott, it's connected to the terminals so you can walk there after arrival. Then you'll have your fill of transportation options in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.