Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt DFW to Fort Worth (and back)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Hi All,

Approximately how long does it taek to get from the Grand Hyatt DFW to Fort Worth?

My wife and I need to make the drive next week. Specifically, the location to which we are driving is in southwest Fort Worth, not far from Benbrook (or so it seems from the map). We need to be there at 8 am (Friday morning).

Coming back, we cannot leave earlier than 4 pm and have a 6:35 pm flight out of DFW (apparently, AA no longer has a later departure to LGA) and will need to return a rental car. How long will that drive take at what I assume is rush hour?

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Approximately how long does it take to get from the Grand Hyatt DFW to Fort Worth?

We need to be there at 8 am (Friday morning).

Coming back, we cannot leave earlier than 4 pm and have a 6:35 pm flight out of DFW
OK, since no one has chimed in so far, I will reply to the second half of your question, and that is to say that I count on half hour to get from rental car place to terminal, and during rush hour I can see it easily take an hour to get to DFW from Benbrook. You may be lucky and it could take 40 minutes, but ...

And you can do your own math on clearing security, though I must say I find DFW way faster then IAH, or maybe I've just been lucky.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
The problem you will have is the time of day.

I would say about 40 minutes to downtown due to the construction on Hwy 121 the Airport Freeway. If you are going that way, pay very close attention to the lanes in the construction area. It is a little weird through there.

As you are going to the Benbrook area you could go south on 360 through Arlington to Interstate 20, west on I20. 360 can be a bit slow just south of the airport.

I think you could do the trip in 60 minutes regardless of the way you go. On occasion I go from just south of Burleson to just north of DFW. It takes me about an hour.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold
Take George Bush tollway down to I 20 to avoid the traffic on 360. That will save you at least 10 minutes.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
That's an idea. It was put in for that purpose, but I find the George Bush highly variable. It adds time as you have to travel east so far. Then sometimes you zip right down it, and other times its slow. When you pass 360 going west it always slows at least a little. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.