Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

What Are Your Favorite Restaurants in Houston Around the Downtown Area?

Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:03 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Apart from the Magritte exhibit - we're going to Houston to explore the new exciting restaurant scene. Have already made reservations at Pass + Provisions (both sides of the restaurant).

Recommendations of favorites would be appreciated. Keeping in mind that we'll be downtown at the Hilton - and don't want to spend $100+ for a RT cab fare . Robyn
Old Feb 18, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat
You gotta try underbelly not far from downtown at westheimer and waugh. Go to hay merchant which is next door for drinks before or after. Make sure you get the goat and dumplings. I like their pork chop wife likes the fish dishes they have.

For BBQ my favorite is Goode Co but the most popular new place is Gaitlins which isn't far from downton since its in the heights.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Best fajitas would be at el tiempo and since your downtown for best mexican overall you should try the ninfas on navigation. Its not far at all and is really what started the whole tex-mex craze.

Burgers in downtown area would either be Hubcap grill or Lankfords.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:45 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Forgot to follow up on this. Just want to let you know that our 2 favorite restaurants were Lucille's (easy walk to the Museum of Natural Science) and Brick & Spoon (easy walk to the Menil). Had lunch at both - and I give them ^^^:

http://www.lucilleshouston.com/

http://brickandspoonrestaurant.com/locations/houston/

Robyn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.