Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austin car rental

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Austin car rental

I'm planning road trip in April starting in Austin.

Over the last few years I rented many cars in the US and had chance do drive, among others, Mustang and Camaro. I mostly got them by random upgrades but once I did book Mustang in advance.

Now it would be nice to try Dodge Challenger or eventually Charger.

So, do you know which company at Austin airport have more of them in their fleet?

I mostly used National or Budget but I also used Avis and Hertz and in general I saw very few Dodges on their lots.

Now, I know that I can book specific cars, with Hertz for example, but they only offer top of the range 5.7 liters V8 Challenger which is quite pricey and it will be fuel hungry.

I know rental companies also rent the V6 models but it is impossible too book them specifically.

Any tips how to increase chances of getting Challenger or Charger?

I already have booking with Alamo and Budget, which one would you recommend?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I've had no problem with National getting a Charger off the emerald lot. I had one in Austin a year or so ago, and most recently one in Seattle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.