Wiki Posts
Search

Where is Global Entry Interview at IAH?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Where is Global Entry Interview at IAH?

The lady and I have a Global Entry interview at Terminal E- IAH in February. The Global Entry website just states Terminal E Inside security and a boarding pass is needed.

Can someone tell me exactly where this is located?

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Reward Gold Elite
it at the arrivals at terminal E where you would pick people up if they were arriving. Its a small office set back to the side of arrivals.

i had a boarding pass but it was not needed as its outside in the public area.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by RammiXP10
it at the arrivals at terminal E where you would pick people up if they were arriving. Its a small office set back to the side of arrivals.

i had a boarding pass but it was not needed as its outside in the public area.
It is in the baggage claim/arrival area. It is outside of security. If you are coming from a connecting flight (I was), go to terminal E and then follow signs to baggage claim. The exit is next to security. Once you get into the baggage claim area the office should be down to your left. Its in the corner close to a Starbucks.

I showed up 10 minutes early (which the CPB officers jokingly gave me some grief over). I watched the video and was immediately cleared without any interview. There was a guy in there before me and was still being interviewed by the time I left.

I was out before my originally scheduled flight. Went to UA checkin and asked to be moved to an earlier connecting flight that was about to start boarding. It was pretty money. IAH definitely has my vote of places to do GE interview.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
If you enter Terminal E on the departure level, go down one floor to arrivals. As you face the exit area from immigration and customs, on the right is a single door -- almost in the corner -- that may or may not have a Global Entry sign next to it. I believe it is at least marked with the Customs and Border Protection logo. Through that door is a small hallway; at the end of that hall is the office where they conduct interviews and such for Global Entry.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:59 am

If you're already in Houston and going to the interview, you can park in the Terminal E garage and head to the arrivals area. When you enter the terminal, it's toward your back right (there are some chairs and a Starbucks nearby). You definitely do not need a boarding pass.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
delete

Last edited by longhorn11; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:58 pm
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:35 pm

Thumbs up

As of Jan 26, 2013, there is also a Global registration office INSIDE the secure area at the entrance of terminal E.

Today I was looking for the one outside the secure area and saw the sign. The officer asked my name and checked his list, and said that I had my appt downstairs.

I arrived 1 hr ahead of my spot. They were busy. A manager took me and approved in 10 minutes, including 6 min video and finger printing. Before arriving to the elevator, I got the approval email.

PS: when I re-entered terminal E, I saw a bunch of people waiting in the GE room inside the secure area, they must have different instruction for the interview.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:27 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by mi88ke
As of Jan 26, 2013, there is also a Global registration office INSIDE the secure area at the entrance of terminal E.

Today I was looking for the one outside the secure area and saw the sign. The officer asked my name and checked his list, and said that I had my appt downstairs.

I arrived 1 hr ahead of my spot. They were busy. A manager took me and approved in 10 minutes, including 6 min video and finger printing. Before arriving to the elevator, I got the approval email.

PS: when I re-entered terminal E, I saw a bunch of people waiting in the GE room inside the secure area, they must have different instruction for the interview.
Good to know!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Yes mine appears to be inside security as well; it says the following on my confirmation:

Enrollment Center: Houston Term E - BOARDING PASS REQUIRED TO ENT
Directions: Houston Intercontinental Airport, Terminal E inside sterile corridor by Ruby’s Restaurant

I'm not sure exactly where that is inside security (anyone know, exactly?), but hopefully it will be obvious if I roam around near Ruby's Restaurant.

Only reason I chose it was that there appears to be a lot of availability upcoming, perhaps because it is brand new.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:17 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by rubiety
Yes mine appears to be inside security as well; it says the following on my confirmation:

Directions: Houston Intercontinental Airport, Terminal E inside sterile corridor by Ruby’s Restaurant

I'm not sure exactly where that is inside security (anyone know, exactly?), but hopefully it will be obvious if I roam around near Ruby's Restaurant.

Only reason I chose it was that there appears to be a lot of availability upcoming, perhaps because it is brand new.
Well the inside location is new for sure, but Houston IAH was one of the first 3 test airports for it (along with IAD and JFK) so it has been around at IAH nearly 5 years now.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by rubiety

The office is next to the Ruby's and before you enter terminal E. There is a floor sign at the entrance of terminal E near the airport monitors. Unless you are half sleep or blind, there is no way you miss the sign.

In addition, the new office appears right on top of the other office outside the secure area.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
The other day, I read on Houston Mayor Annise Parker's Twitter feed there is now a Global Entry enrollment center at city hall

http://www.houstongovnewsroom.org/go/doc/2155/1707491/
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
The other day, I read on Houston Mayor Annise Parker's Twitter feed there is now a Global Entry enrollment center at city hall

http://www.houstongovnewsroom.org/go/doc/2155/1707491/
yes indeed. Open Tuesday and Wednesday each week until 3pm.
Plus one inside and one outside security at IAH terminal E.

Good stuff.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mi88ke
Unless you are half sleep or blind, there is no way you miss the sign.
Yup, easy to see, and I wasn't even looking for it

EmailKid
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:11 pm
MKF

how long does it take?

I am thinking about signing up at the one inside security prior to a flight I have next week- how much time do you guys recommend I allot? Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.