Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in luggage

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Checked in luggage

Hi...
I am flying in from india (New Delhi to Amsterdam to Dallas to Minneapolis) via KLM airways. Now when i reach Dallas, i would have to go through customs and immigration. Now before i go to the terminal to board the domestic flight to minneapolis (operated by Delta airlines), will i need to claim my checked in luggage and then check it again for my domestic flight or will it be checked all the way through to minneapolis???

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
You'll need to claim your bags at DFW, then clear customs. Once through customs, there will be a re-check bag drop for you to use, no need to use the main ticket counters.

You'll also need to re-clear security, so if you have any duty-free liquids that can't be carried on, you'll need to put those into the checked bags before re-checking them.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by swag
You'll need to claim your bags at DFW, then clear customs. Once through customs, there will be a re-check bag drop for you to use, no need to use the main ticket counters.
And when you drop your backs and take the escalator up into the main terminal you will see a security check-point on your right. If it is crowded continue to walk, maybe 75 meters, and you will come across another security check point that is usually a breeze to clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.