Wiki Posts
Search

Beer Trucks on the DFW Tarmac

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, AA 2MM, AAdmirals Club, SPG Platinum
Beer Trucks on the DFW Tarmac

While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later. These weren't the single-chassis delivery trucks that deliver beer to your local convenience store; they had separate tractors but the trailers still had the multiple doors on the sides. (like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/formerwmdriver/4369305514/ )

I've flown through DFW hundreds of times and seen all kinds of vehicles, but never one, much less two, of these trucks tooling around _on_ the tarmac.

Is this how they have to cater Int'l flights now that beer is once again complimentary in Coach?????

(Mods, please move this thread if there's a better/more appropriate home for it.)

Last edited by AUSFTer; Feb 13, 2012 at 4:38 pm Reason: note to mods
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Looking for Steven Slater?

Oh wait, no B6 at DFW.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by AUSFTer
Is this how they have to cater Int'l flights now that beer is once again complimentary in Coach?????
how many question marks do you use for urgent questions?

just playin - they are stocking up with the glorious protection of the BK
Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:51 pm

I need to find the pic but one beer truck on the ramp sighting led to inadvertent comedy. Around pushback time, the Captain announced a delayed due to the lavatory tanks being full. He said a lav service truck was on the way and would be there monetarily. As he finished the message, a Coors Light truck pulls up next to the plane. I remarked openly that the stuff going into the toilet tanks should be better than what was coming out. Got a few chuckles.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by WChou
I need to find the pic but one beer truck on the ramp sighting led to inadvertent comedy. Around pushback time, the Captain announced a delayed due to the lavatory tanks being full. He said a lav service truck was on the way and would be there monetarily. As he finished the message, a Coors Light truck pulls up next to the plane. I remarked openly that the stuff going into the toilet tanks should be better than what was coming out. Got a few chuckles.
Is that when the truck would appear in your budgetary spreadsheet?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:24 pm

Programs: None anymore
While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later. These weren't the single-chassis delivery trucks that deliver beer to your local convenience store; they had separate tractors but the trailers still had the multiple doors on the sides. (like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/formerwmdriver/4369305514/ )

I've flown through DFW hundreds of times and seen all kinds of vehicles, but never one, much less two, of these trucks tooling around _on_ the tarmac.

(Mods, please move this thread if there's a better/more appropriate home for it.)
Not related, BUT the pictured truck is exactly what delivers to all the local C-Stores in Brevard, Fl.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Perhaps they are getting ready for the next Megado???
Old Feb 13, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Stocking up the ACs?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

I can't answer the question, but I can confirm the sighting of the blue truck tooling around Terminal B when my flight from ABQ pulled into D27 shortly before noon. Remember thinking it was a bit odd...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later.
You do realize that local breweries/distributors cater/stock the restaurants/bars in airports don't you?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa
You do realize that local breweries/distributors cater/stock the restaurants/bars in airports don't you?
Distributers only here in Texas.

Too bad they didnt actually have good beer.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A common sight on the DFW tarmac.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Distributers only here in Texas.

Too bad they didnt actually have good beer.
The distributors for the three major breweries also distribute most of the "good beer."
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa

But aren't all the DFW airport restaurants/bars/shops operated by HMS Host under licensing/franchisee agreements? I didn't think any actual brand-name restaurants operated their own facilities at DFW. (maybe Cantina Laredo is the exception because it's local?)

Catering would all be Sysco or similar industrial foodservice corporations, right?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Perhaps they are getting ready for the next Megado???
Or for KillAAkeg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.