FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas-695/)
-   -   Beer Trucks on the DFW Tarmac (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/texas/1313853-beer-trucks-dfw-tarmac.html)

AUSFTer Feb 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Beer Trucks on the DFW Tarmac

While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later. These weren't the single-chassis delivery trucks that deliver beer to your local convenience store; they had separate tractors but the trailers still had the multiple doors on the sides. (like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/formerwmdriver/4369305514/ )

I've flown through DFW hundreds of times and seen all kinds of vehicles, but never one, much less two, of these trucks tooling around _on_ the tarmac.

Is this how they have to cater Int'l flights now that beer is once again complimentary in Coach?????

(Mods, please move this thread if there's a better/more appropriate home for it.)

ESpen36 Feb 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Looking for Steven Slater? :D

Oh wait, no B6 at DFW. :)

Nighthawk168 Feb 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by AUSFTer (Post 18009366)
Is this how they have to cater Int'l flights now that beer is once again complimentary in Coach?????

how many question marks do you use for urgent questions?

just playin - they are stocking up with the glorious protection of the BK :cool:

WChou Feb 13, 2012 4:51 pm

I need to find the pic but one beer truck on the ramp sighting led to inadvertent comedy. Around pushback time, the Captain announced a delayed due to the lavatory tanks being full. He said a lav service truck was on the way and would be there monetarily. As he finished the message, a Coors Light truck pulls up next to the plane. I remarked openly that the stuff going into the toilet tanks should be better than what was coming out. Got a few chuckles.

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Feb 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by WChou (Post 18009451)
I need to find the pic but one beer truck on the ramp sighting led to inadvertent comedy. Around pushback time, the Captain announced a delayed due to the lavatory tanks being full. He said a lav service truck was on the way and would be there monetarily. As he finished the message, a Coors Light truck pulls up next to the plane. I remarked openly that the stuff going into the toilet tanks should be better than what was coming out. Got a few chuckles.

Is that when the truck would appear in your budgetary spreadsheet?

Flahusky Feb 13, 2012 5:24 pm

While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later. These weren't the single-chassis delivery trucks that deliver beer to your local convenience store; they had separate tractors but the trailers still had the multiple doors on the sides. (like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/formerwmdriver/4369305514/ )

I've flown through DFW hundreds of times and seen all kinds of vehicles, but never one, much less two, of these trucks tooling around _on_ the tarmac.

(Mods, please move this thread if there's a better/more appropriate home for it.)

Not related, BUT the pictured truck is exactly what delivers to all the local C-Stores in Brevard, Fl.

retirementdreams Feb 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Perhaps they are getting ready for the next Megado???

2millionquest Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Stocking up the ACs?

txrus Feb 13, 2012 6:20 pm

I can't answer the question, but I can confirm the sighting of the blue truck tooling around Terminal B when my flight from ABQ pulled into D27 shortly before noon. Remember thinking it was a bit odd...

sluggoaafa Feb 13, 2012 6:29 pm

While waiting to depart on a flight out of gate C31 just after noon today at DFW, I saw two, full-size beer delivery trucks driving around. First a white Coors Light truck, then a blue Bud Light truck a few minutes later.

You do realize that local breweries/distributors cater/stock the restaurants/bars in airports don't you?:confused::confused:

austin_modern Feb 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa (Post 18009989)
You do realize that local breweries/distributors cater/stock the restaurants/bars in airports don't you?:confused::confused:

Distributers only here in Texas.

Too bad they didnt actually have good beer.

dayone Feb 13, 2012 6:35 pm

A common sight on the DFW tarmac.

dayone Feb 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern (Post 18010017)
Distributers only here in Texas.

Too bad they didnt actually have good beer.

The distributors for the three major breweries also distribute most of the "good beer."

ESpen36 Feb 13, 2012 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa (Post 18009989)

But aren't all the DFW airport restaurants/bars/shops operated by HMS Host under licensing/franchisee agreements? I didn't think any actual brand-name restaurants operated their own facilities at DFW. (maybe Cantina Laredo is the exception because it's local?)

Catering would all be Sysco or similar industrial foodservice corporations, right?

AA_EXP09 Feb 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by retirementdreams (Post 18009719)
Perhaps they are getting ready for the next Megado???

Or for KillAAkeg