Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels Near Dallas Convention Center

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hotels Near Dallas Convention Center

I will be in Dallas first week of January for the Dallas Safari Club Convention. I have top status at Hilton and Priority Club and gold status with Hyatt and Marriott. What would you recommend within walking or quick subway (if there is one in Dallas)?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:46 am

No subway. Light rail instead (DART). http://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

Downtown options within 1 mile =
Hilton: nothing
IHG: Crowne Plaza and an Indigo
Hyatt: Hyatt Regency
Marriott: Marriott City Center

Since I am local, I only know a little about these. I would guess the Indigo would be the best based on the little I know and tripadvisor. The newer/better hotels downtown are not in your preferred affiliations. (Joule and the new Omni. And then there are the Aldophus and the Magnolia, which have been around longer.)
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

th safari club is not a big convention, however the cheerleading convention is huge, and it is on at the same time. take DART, or a cab. everyone tries to drive to that place. the hotels in the area charge a fairly stiff price for overnight parking.

the outlying hotels will all be sold out. the kids cheerleading come in by the busloads, and need hotels on the cheap.

if you get a google map of the place, and then search hotels, you will be able to see all options. most hotels in dallas look alike. no character, very clean, decent breakfast buffet for 10-15. indoor pools are not common.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
The Marriott would be a good choice; it's right next to the DART station.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:09 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Well, there's a Holiday Inn on Harry Hines in the Market Center / Medical area that is not too far from the Green Line - though you'd have to change to Red / Blue line to go to Convention Center (HI has a van).

I've stayed there a couple of years a ago when I moved back to Dallas, and it's not the best HI, but should be OK for a couple of nights.

EmailKid
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
As a taxpayer in Dallas, please stay at the city-owned Omni Hotel

There's also a SpringHill Suites (Marriott) in the West End.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
The Marriott City Center has gone through a complete remodel and is very nice. Right at the DART station as well.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by wcj1
IHG: Crowne Plaza and an Indigo
Crowne Plaza is a short walk to DART Rail.

Just be careful about not confusing RED line with ORANGE line which runs during rush hour. Just took it to work the other day, and three convention goers realized that they were at the wrong stop - i.e. going north, and not south

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.