Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble sending posts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Trouble sending posts

Hi - I'm new and think I've tried to send two questions as "new threads" because after reviewing current posts, I didn't see that anyone had answer my question. But, I'm not sure I'm posting correctly as I don't see that anyone has responded. It was a simple question about the best seat on a Singapore Air Boeing plane. Can you help?
Kathleen
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Springtime9
Hi - I'm new and think I've tried to send two questions as "new threads" because after reviewing current posts, I didn't see that anyone had answer my question.
What do you mean that no one answered your thread/post?

From your posting history, I am seeing you started one thread and made one post in another thread. Both threads have replies:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...l#post12267227 (6 replies so far)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12185927-post7.html (8 more posts after yours)

If you don't think your questions had been fully addressed in each of the threads, you should make followup post/s to clarify so folks can better answer you in say threads.

You made 3 posts so far, right? Since I have no problem finding your thread/post, I believe you know how to start threads or make posts. Just make sure you post in the right forum/fora.

Or are you having trouble finding your own posts/thread? You can left-click your own FT handle, from the drop-down menu click "find more post by XX". That will bring up all the posts/threads you make on FT.

Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
The yellow and red “My FlyerTalk” button on the top RH side of the page is one of the best tools on this site. You can view all the threads you’ve started or posted in on one page, and see if there’s any replies (open envelope icon).
Old Aug 24, 2009, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by N965VJ
The yellow and red “My FlyerTalk” button on the top RH side of the page is one of the best tools on this site. You can view all the threads you’ve started or posted in on one page, and see if there’s any replies (open envelope icon).
I don't think that's how "My FlyerTalk" works. When I click on it, it shows:"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period", which makes me believe it only shows your subscribed threads.

In order to see posts/threads some FTers make, you have to check out their profiles. Under the "Statistics" section, you'll see "Find all posts by XXX" & "Find all threads started by XXX."

Maybe there's other ways to get to one's posts/threads but it's not from "My FlyerTalk" for me.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:09 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by lin821
I don't think that's how "My FlyerTalk" works. When I click on it, it shows:"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period", which makes me believe it only shows your subscribed threads.

In order to see posts/threads some FTers make, you have to check out their profiles. Under the "Statistics" section, you'll see "Find all posts by XXX" & "Find all threads started by XXX."

Maybe there's other ways to get to one's posts/threads but it's not from "My FlyerTalk" for me.
It only shows "Subscribed Forums" and "New Subscribed Threads: (x)" where x = the number of threads with "new" posts. If there are none of either then one will see the message you quoted.

To see all my posts or all my threads I click on my handle (at the top of the page) and use the the appropriate tab on the page ("Statistics", as you mentioned above).

To see all new posts in the corresponding threads (since I use the default of auto subscribing to all threads in which I post) I go to the "Quick Links" drop-down (near the top of the forum pages) and click on "Subscribed Threads" and the ones in bold have new posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.