Wiki Posts
Search

Time display...

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
Time display...

I set my time zone in my options to Central Time. It's on auto-detect DST settings. Yet, the times are all one hour off as if I were in Mountain time. It's 2:38 here right now, and when I post this it'll say 1:38. Weird. Help?

Chris

Last edited by JayhawkCO; Jun 7, 2009 at 1:24 pm
Old May 26, 2009, 4:36 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I assume you mean one hour off?

I see your post as being made at 3:38 pm my time... eastern time. So I believe that is the correct time you actually made this post.

Strange.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
I set my time zone in my options to Central Time. It's on auto-detect DST settings. Yet, the times are all one day off as if I were in Mountain time. It's 2:38 here right now, and when I post this it'll say 1:38. Weird. Help?

Chris
I've adjusted a setting on your account that will hopefully correct this. Let me know if you are still seeing an incorrect time.

I believe the auto detect setting depends on javascript on your computer, so if you have javascript turned off this might be the cause of the issue.
Old May 31, 2009, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Still off, and I definitely don't have Java off. I guess I'll just change my time zone.

Weird.

Chris
Old May 31, 2009, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Even better. So I currently have it set to -6 (Central Time) and it makes the time appear one hour behind what it actually is. So, I tried to just set it to -5 (Eastern Time) to make it work. Once I select that, it makes it an hour too fast. When I look at the bottom of the pages, it says all times are -4 (Atlantic Time). So, I can't get the correct time zone to display the right time, and I can't even get the incorrect time zone to be set.

Chris
Old Jun 29, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I just posted this same issue in the wireless troubleshooting thread. Set for Pacific but displaying
Mountain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.