Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Becoming "established member" / remove the 5 Private Message per 24 hrs limit?

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
When does a new Member become "Established"
and able to send over five PMs / Private Messages per 24 hours?

Issue: Post handling and restrictions affecting very new members.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Very new members are limited as to how many Private Messages, or "PMs", they can send; the limit is 5 PMs per 24 hours. This has been done because we have had people who have signed up to abuse the system in some way, sometimes manifested by sending members harassing PMs or with offers or other activity prohibited by the FlyerTalk Rules, and our members' privacy is very important to us. The post from a prior Administrator states:

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer

New members have a PM cap limit until they reach a post threshold. We don't really advertise the specific post threshold, as it can change and is in place primarily to prevent spammers from abusing the PM system, so don't want to make it easy to circumvent, but it is generally pretty minimal.
Note: Very new members of FlyerTalk may see posts referred to a moderation queue for moderator inspection and disposition if those posts meet certain criteria; that issue is dealt with in another thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...w-missing.html

We apologise for any temporary inconveniences this may cause; they're temporary, and made necessary based on experience and some bad actors' misbehavior.

Print Wikipost

Becoming "established member" / remove the 5 Private Message per 24 hrs limit?

Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by IBobi
If you have under 15 posts you can only send 5/day.

Paul
Thank you
Old Aug 29, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
account estabilished?!

hi! can you convert my account in a estabilished one pls?

thank you
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is no quick way to do that... you have to post and contribute for a while to be able to PM etc.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
thank you for reply!
so i've received many PM asking for info for a FD, but i can't reply...can you exceptionally unblock it so i can reply them?! TY
Old Aug 29, 2012, 4:01 pm

I'm having same issue unfortunately
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
so i've received many PM asking for info for a FD, but i can't reply...can you exceptionally unblock it so i can reply them?! TY
Have you thought about posting in the public thread and sharing the information with everyone?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Reply in the forums for all to see.
Originally Posted by tom911
Have you thought about posting in the public thread and sharing the information with everyone?
IMHO that's not always wise as taking the thread discussion off topic is not fair to all members who are reading it. Why not use email instead to communicate with other members? It's not ideal but will work until poster can become "established".
Old Sep 7, 2012, 8:00 pm

That helps a bit, thanks :-)
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:08 am

i still have PM caps, how can i solve this problem? any adm/mod could help me pls?!

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
i still have PM caps, how can i solve this problem? any adm/mod could help me pls?!
solved! ;-)

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 16, 2012 at 5:10 pm Reason: Merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:44 pm

Also, having PM problems. Reached my cap of 5 a day but have some PMs that I would like to respond to so people don't think I am rude. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:41 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jpgisbd
Also, having PM problems. Reached my cap of 5 a day but have some PMs that I would like to respond to so people don't think I am rude. Any help would be appreciated.
According to post #25 of this thread

Originally Posted by IBobi
If you have under 15 posts you can only send 5/day.
and there isn't a shortcut other than to post & contribute as you're doing here.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:27 am

Ok, thanks. I missed that post and will get my posts up.

Originally Posted by tcook052
According to post #25 of this thread

and there isn't a shortcut other than to post & contribute as you're doing here.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:48 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jpgisbd
Ok, thanks. I missed that post and will get my posts up.
Posting runs are generally frowned upon, so posting just to "get your posts up" is not recommended. Posting when you have things to contribute to discussions is recommended.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:03 pm

Daily PM limit for members

I've been exchanging some PMs with 2 flyer talk members and after the 5th one I send I get a message saying I've exceeded my daily limit and need to become a more established member. I waited until the next day to respond and get the same message again.

My question is - Is it a daily limit or just a total limit? Is there some certain post count or time being a member that needs to be reached? Is there any way to get this lifted?

Thanks for clearing this up.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:36 pm
Administrator

Programs: SPG
You are 3 posts away from not having a limit.

There is a limit of 5 private messages per exactly 24 hours from your last 5th PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.