Search

Can Pictures be treated like Quotes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Question Can Pictures be treated like Quotes

Any possibility that you can make the the embedded picture work like quotes do where they aren't included when someone quotes a message? This will cut down on the traffic for those folks that don't /don't know how to reduce how much of the previous message is being included/quoted in their response.

For example
Post #5 in a thread includes the quote from Post #2
When Post #7 quote Post #5, only the text from #5 shows, the embedded quote of post #2 is not included.

If you can do that with pictures, I think it'd be a ^ for the site as more people get familiar with the inclusion of pictures in their posts.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 4:47 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

I'm already on this and very much aligned with your thoughts. We actually have audited the controls of vB as to what might be possible from an admin situation and unfortunately there is nothing available to us other than a common courtesy in asking our members to not quote images if you are commenting on the test of an image. Thank you.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Thanks ... fingers crossed on folks getting it when all too often those super-long posts are quoted for reference to two words! Enjoy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.