Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Problems with FT Mobile Site

Problems with FT Mobile Site

Old Mar 17, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Back in the saddle, again! ^ Boy, was that a long few days!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by speedbird182
Originally Posted by goalie
doesn't seem to be working for me using either of the links mentioned above...

http://www.flyertalk.com/wap or mobile.flyertalk.com

i am still presented with a screen showing me as logged in but cannot access anything
Have you tried clearing the cache on the handset or doing a soft reset (remove the battery while handset switched on and then put back in) and then try again.
yes to all and even did a factory reset on the phone but no joy
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Wirelessly posted (Propel: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Originally Posted by jbatl
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

it's back up here, at last.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Wirelessly posted (Propel: SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Originally Posted by jbatl

it's back up here, at last.
Back for me, too. Thanks, ib-dick!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Working for me on multiple devices and operating systems.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The My Threads equivalent to My flyertalk is missing threads again. I posted something this morning, but that thread is not displayed while others with activity last night are there
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:25 am

Thanks GoingAway. I'll let IB-Dick know so he can research.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: I realized what this is ... the threads are not marked as subscribed when I enter a post to a thread from the handheld. THAT is the issue here, not that the thread wasn't displayed (that part makes sense now that I realize it didn't automatically subscribe me).

So - is there a way to leverage the auto-subscribe to a thread when you post on it feature via the mobile site?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Update: I realized what this is ... the threads are not marked as subscribed when I enter a post to a thread from the handheld. THAT is the issue here, not that the thread wasn't displayed (that part makes sense now that I realize it didn't automatically subscribe me).

So - is there a way to leverage the auto-subscribe to a thread when you post on it feature via the mobile site?

Thanks!
I'm not completely familiar with the 3rd party software that this site uses for the mobile site, but it should use the subscription settings that the rest of the site uses. IE, it should automatically subscribe you if you have set it up that way in your options. If this isn't the case, we can investigate.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
I'm not completely familiar with the 3rd party software that this site uses for the mobile site, but it should use the subscription settings that the rest of the site uses. IE, it should automatically subscribe you if you have set it up that way in your options. If this isn't the case, we can investigate.
it is NOT the case. Please let us know how that investigation goes. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway
it is NOT the case. Please let us know how that investigation goes. Thanks!
Will do!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:46 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; 78; CentOS; US-en) AppleWebKit/527+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Bolt/0.920 Version/3.0 Safari/523.15)

Testing the new Bolt web browser for BlackBerry. Seems to do the best job rendering Ft Mobile of any browser that I have ever used.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 9:01 am

GoingAway, could you please check again when you have a chance and let me know if the auto subscribe feature is now working on your mobile device?

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
GoingAway, could you please check again when you have a chance and let me know if the auto subscribe feature is now working on your mobile device?

Thanks.
Tried with no change. Posted in thread, but thread does not appear under the 'my threads' option. Still hoping it can be made to work correctly
Old May 24, 2009, 3:44 pm

Suddenly, the wap site is no longer recognizing my bb storm as a mobile device. Worked last night in wireless mode-today I am being forced into html version. Were any changes made to the site overnight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.