Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by cs19
There is a long ongoing thread in the InterContinental Hotels forum called "Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences."

When I try to "Search this Thread" for "Hong Kong" or Hong Kong [without quotes] or Hong or Kong, I get only 1 hit. I know of the 2,500 posts in this thread that more than one talks about the IC Hong Kong.

Is this an error or bug, or am I doing something wrong? There is really nothing under the Advanced Search options to cause anything different in the results.
You aren't doing anything wrong. This is a known issue and is currently being investigated. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
Originally Posted by HereAndThere
tried searching for "napa" today (with and without quotes) using every mechanism I know how to use on FT. I was never successful in finding a recent post I knew I had seen regarding the concierge lounge at the Napa Valley Marriott. Ultimately was reading posts and ran across the post I recalled from April 1. Seems there is some problem finding all posts with "napa"?
Okay, this is the third time I'm posting this same question. So far no response though posts by others have been responded too. If the problem is simply that search doesn't work, then let me know. If I'm doing something wrong I'd like to know that.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:34 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HereAndThere
Okay, this is the third time I'm posting this same question. So far no response though posts by others have been responded too. If the problem is simply that search doesn't work, then let me know. If I'm doing something wrong I'd like to know that.
I get 55 threads when I search the Marriott forum for napa, so perhaps they made some improvements?

I get the same number of threads whether or not I enclose napa in quotes.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
Originally Posted by LRD
I get 55 threads when I search the Marriott forum for napa, so perhaps they made some improvements?

I get the same number of threads whether or not I enclose napa in quotes.
I was able to get lots of threads but not the post that I remembered seeing. Today the search seems to be pulling up all the threads and/or posts including the one that the search didn't identify when I posted my original question.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I get the impression from having skimmed over the last two pages of this tread that you don't have a specific bug identitied and like to receive examples? In case that's correct, here's another example:

In the bmi Diamond Club forum,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-diamond-club-486/
I used the drop-down "Search this Forum" with "Show Threads" selected. I tried using the following words and got the following results:
Fax = Too Short
Machine = No Results
Fax Machine = First Word ignored as too short but No Results anyway
"Fax Machine" = No Results

A fellow FTer seems to have also searched for "Fax Machine" to discover the thread I was trying to locate.
This is briefly mentioned in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...ax-bmi-dc.html

I use Internet Explorer v6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236
Windows XP Media Centre
Old Apr 21, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Trying to search this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-rules-3.html

for information regarding open jaw travel. However, searching "open jaw" or open jaw results in "no results found." Which is odd, since I can find at least three instances of the phrase within the first page, but not with the information I need (and not looking forward to manually searching all 28 pages).
Old May 18, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I put "Bartek Bachleda" into the United forum search and got zero results. I put it into the main search and got zero results. So, I posted a thread on that story, only to find out it already exists.

Now, try the same search, and my thread comes up alone, not the bigger pre-existing thread!
Old May 18, 2009, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Kremmen
I put "Bartek Bachleda" into the United forum search and got zero results. I put it into the main search and got zero results. So, I posted a thread on that story, only to find out it already exists.

Now, try the same search, and my thread comes up alone, not the bigger pre-existing thread!
Thanks. It appears that our indexing process sporadically misses posts. We're working on addressing the issue.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:48 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

The search index is broken again...
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Thanks. It appears that our indexing process sporadically misses posts. We're working on addressing the issue.
I take it you are working on it at present? as FT search sporadically misses just about everything this past week.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 2:43 pm

For several days now, all I get when I search anything is "Sorry no matches found." Even though I KNOW there are matches.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by antonius66
For several days now, all I get when I search anything is "Sorry no matches found." Even though I KNOW there are matches.
You mean it's not normal to do a search in the South America forum, enter "Buenos Aires" and get no matches?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Search in Coupon Connection appears to be broken. No matter what I search for, the most recent results come from 2007. Pretty useless.

And the most annoying part is that Coupon Connection cannot be searched using Google! So without the internal search working, we are SOL.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It's currently down in both the Delta and Northwest forums....as usual
Old Jul 12, 2009, 9:22 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
It's currently down in every forum, as far as I can tell.

Maybe it is finally time to have this website run by a professional internet company. Oh, wait, I thought IB . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.