Flyertalk redirects broken

Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Flyertalk redirects broken

http://flyertalk.com/forum/ is now a broken redirect. It redirects to http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/. Please fix this so that all the links that use the flyertalk.com domain will work. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
http://flyertalk.com/forum/ is now a broken redirect. It redirects to http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/. Please fix this so that all the links that use the flyertalk.com domain will work. Thanks.
/forum doesn't redirect, but anything with a php extension still wants to download......
Old Feb 5, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
What seems to be happening is that some pre-vBSEO bookmarks & links are not being properly resolved, e.g. clicking on this bookmark:
nets me an offer to download your forumdisplay.php script. Once you are in FT, internal links seem to be ok. Maybe vBSEO's rewrite instructions are corrupted?

It's still broken. A couple of my FT bookmarks don't work.

These work:

DL, UA, WN, FB, YX, MR, TS&S, CBz, ORP, OMNI

These offer downloads:

NW, CO

Seems largely fixed now except for those last two, at least for me.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Some links that use showthread.php?t= or showthread.php?p= are not currently working. I'm not sure why some work but others apparently don't. I have thousands of these types of links in dozens of FAQs.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Some links that use showthread.php?t= or showthread.php?p= are not currently working. I'm not sure why some work but others apparently don't. I have thousands of these types of links in dozens of FAQs.
Thanks - I thought it was just my latest Firefox update or that the FT host had crashed (or some computer thing - I'm a hardware person).

Last edited by RadioGirl; Feb 9, 2009 at 5:10 am Reason: Fixed now - no need for my suggestion
Old Feb 9, 2009, 5:46 pm

Hi...

Can you tell me, are you still experiencing this problem?

Are you only able to get to those threads with your work-around?

thank you and thanks for your patience.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by JuCo
Hi...

Can you tell me, are you still experiencing this problem?

Are you only able to get to those threads with your work-around?

thank you and thanks for your patience.
I still get a request to download the index.php file when I click on "FlyerTalk Forums in the top left hand box just above the name of the current forum. For a while there yesterday it seemed to be okay, though.

Selecting a forum group from the menu at the very top of the page works okay, as does using the forum jump drop-down at the bottom of the page.

I cleared the cache as suggested on another thread but it didn't help. I'm using Firefox 3.0.6 FWIW.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:35 pm

Works again now

It all seems to work okay now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.