Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Wireless Update Notice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Post FT Wireless Update Notice

The FT Wireless software has recently been updated, here are some notes on the changes you will see:

What's New
------------------------------------

- The initial forum listings page, now contains an option to expand forum category listings, allowing for all nested primary forums to be displayed on a single page. The expanded listings can also be collapsed, resulting in only forum categories being shown.

- If the option to display images has been set to "No" in My Prefs, external images that are contained in posts can now be accessed by clicking on a "Click here to view image" link.

Resolved Issues:
----------------------------

- Resolves an issue where the Latest Forum Topics link would only display two pages of updated topics link.

- Resolves an issue where the "Reply" menu option does not function correctly.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Thanks for the heads up.

Out of curiosity what's with the generic FT handle. With 175 post, not a totally a new thing, but is it now going to be used for tech staff/updates now or is this just an anomaly with occasional use? I prefer having a name to go with the post - at least with HOM, we had the pleasure of meeting many of them in person at the Freddies or other events. I would expect that IB will eventually get it and the same would be a possibility sometime in the future.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:42 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
a silly question.....

i use operamini to browse f/t on occasion without having to log in and would like to do the same thing on my cell phone's built in browser but the only address i have is: http://gallery.flyertalk.com/wap/login.php and that brings me to the login screen. is there another address i can use?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:51 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I use mobile.flyertalk.com.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Me too, but Goalie, I'm logged in when I use my handheld to browse. Not sure if it's available without being logged in. I rely heavily on "my flyertalk" to highlight those posts I might care about being updated.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I think with the last upgrade to the wireless software it became possible to use it without being logged in.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 7:52 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Me too, but Goalie, I'm logged in when I use my handheld to browse. Not sure if it's available without being logged in. I rely heavily on "my flyertalk" to highlight those posts I might care about being updated.
thank you both ^ and i've changed the address

I think with the last upgrade to the wireless software it became possible to use it without being logged in.
yup-with the "new address" from above, i can now browse without logging in.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Flyertalk.com/wap works for me. Ps the upgrade still has not fixed text box scrolling on the bb storm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.