Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

We couldnt help noticing...having posted in a while...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold

Well I log into flyertalk and no matter where I go on the forum I get this pesky message.

Hello silver springer. We couldn't help but notice you haven't posted in awhile and wanted to take this opportunity to encourage you to join in the discussions. If you haven't seen anything that has tempted you to post recently, consider heading over to the TravelBuzz! forum ... there is always something interesting/strange/fun being discussed there.

Okay, I give up. Here is my post in Travel Buzz. My last post was December 11, 2008--is that long enough to not have "posted in a while".

What is the metric here to avoid getting a nag message? Not sure the purpose of this but I don't like it. Sorry if I sound grumpy but this is not needed.

Has anyone else gotten these? What do you think?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Talking

I got the same message too. To answer your question of how to get rid of the message mentioned above, I guess the only way is to post ( just like you did here). ^

And because of this post of yours, I will no longer see that message anytime soon.

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Well while we're at it, let me get rid of mine too. 3 for 3.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:53 pm

My first post in years. I felt inspired. ^
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for setting this up!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
This isn't TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: yes
I can't afford to travel in this economy. If I had to pay by the letter, I couldn't afford to post this message! As for this not being "TravelBuzz" related, the pesky message encourages us to "...consider heading over to TravelBuzz..." so this thread arguably DOES belong here.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Well unless it's been moved (which is entirely possible), you are posting in a thread which is located in Technical Issues, not Travelbuzz! I think that's what alanw was trying to say....
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:46 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Well unless it's been moved (which is entirely possible), you are posting in a thread which is located in Technical Issues, not Travelbuzz! I think that's what alanw was trying to say....
FWIW, it's moved from MilesBuzz! Forum to Technical Issues this morning.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 9:02 am

I'm getting rid of my message now.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 10:43 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

we find them annoying as well and have adjusted the set up. It was a new feature from a tech update and seems to work well. We now have zeroed in on one of a variety of settings that is "persistent." Now we understand more clearly what that does and means. Quite sorry and thanks for the feedback, it certainly helps us learn more how things work on the back and the front end.

Originally Posted by silver springer
Well I log into flyertalk and no matter where I go on the forum I get this pesky message.

Hello silver springer. We couldn't help but notice you haven't posted in awhile and wanted to take this opportunity to encourage you to join in the discussions. If you haven't seen anything that has tempted you to post recently, consider heading over to the TravelBuzz! forum ... there is always something interesting/strange/fun being discussed there.

Okay, I give up. Here is my post in Travel Buzz. My last post was December 11, 2008--is that long enough to not have "posted in a while".

What is the metric here to avoid getting a nag message? Not sure the purpose of this but I don't like it. Sorry if I sound grumpy but this is not needed.

Has anyone else gotten these? What do you think?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 5:45 am

And I, for one, hate it when people make useless posts just to delete an offending message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.