Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Mikel, can you link "handles" for all Mods on specific forums?

Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list

Hi Mikel,
Can you link all the handles, on the bottom of the forum page, for any particular forum so that when someone clicks on one of our names the message/PM goes to all of us? I know that many FTers will click on one name, or the other, and this leaves the other Mods out of the loop, at least for awhile because the message only goes to one of us. It's radical but think about it & let me know if it can be done.

Thanks,
Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by philemer
I know that many FTers will click on one name, or the other, and this leaves the other Mods out of the loop, at least for awhile because the message only goes to one of us.
Maybe implement a "Contact Forum Mods" mechanism similar to RBP?I assume when I click the little red triangle RBP button, the RBP is sent to all mods in say forum. Maybe FT can have a new CFM (Contact Forum Mods) button in place?

Our current system does list all the mods individually in the frontpage/homepage of each forum. It's so easy to just click on one handle and contact one single mod. I do agree that it may be more efficient to have a single contact method that's easy for both posters and the mods.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and what if the person is trying to send a PM to the exact mod only?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
If the contact is meant for one-on-one correspondence, then this person shouldn't use the CFM (Contact Forum Mods) button that I proposed.

I was thinking the CFM more like a group message as RBP. Both are enrouted to the mod team.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry, i was replying to OP, not you.

your idea makes it clear who the message is going to.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You can use RBP as a way to contact forum mods (ie doesn't need to be just about bad posts). I know I'm not the only FTer to use it in this way.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You can use RBP as a way to contact forum mods (ie doesn't need to be just about bad posts). I know I'm not the only FTer to use it in this way.
How does it work? You have to zoom into one "scapegoat post" (maybe randomly?) in order to use RBP, isn't it?

I only use RBPs when I am reporting "problem" posts, i.e. when I do see problems or have questions about those posts/threads. I don't know there's a generic RBP button that you can use just to send a group RBP to mods in one specific forum.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Simple. Click on MyFlyerTalk (upper left on blue bar) and the under Private Messages click Send New Message.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lin821
How does it work? You have to zoom into one "scapegoat post" (maybe randomly?) in order to use RBP, isn't it?

I only use RBPs when I am reporting "problem" posts, i.e. when I do see problems or have questions about those posts/threads. I don't know there's a generic RBP button that you can use just to send a group RBP to mods in one specific forum.
You do have to pick a post, but it isn't hard to say something like "not specific to this post, but....." in the form that pops up. A CFM button would do the same thing and possibly be less confusing/abnormal, but the RBP button does work in the interim.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Simple. Click on MyFlyerTalk (upper left on blue bar) and the under Private Messages click Send New Message.
all im saying is IMHO you cant have SOME methods of sending a PM resulting in CCed copies, unbeknownst to the sender..

"Private Message" becomes "Sometimes Private Message"

i would probably stop sending PMs to mods entirely, just in case. (except when reporting something via RBP or PM.)
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:13 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Would be easiest to just have a link under the list of mods for the forum that is "Message All Forum Moderators". That would be clear and simple.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
Would be easiest to just have a link under the list of mods for the forum that is "Message All Forum Moderators". That would be clear and simple.
Now why didn't I think of that? Mikel, where are you?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

all im saying is IMHO you cant have SOME methods of sending a PM resulting in CCed copies, unbeknownst to the sender..

"Private Message" becomes "Sometimes Private Message"

i would probably stop sending PMs to mods entirely, just in case. (except when reporting something via RBP or PM.)
Good point. Maybe wharvey's solution (see above) would cover all the bases.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:46 am

Several good suggestions here ... thank you. We will look into this and see what can be done.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.