Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

if a thread gets moved to omni, do your post counts drop?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 4:15 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

just curious as it looks like my post count dropped by one* when this thread got moved to omni. not worried about one post (and in this case a bit silly ) but let's say it was a "very active thread" which reached "that point" and was moved.

just curious

*i did check as best i could to see if perhaps one of my posts from today was deleted by a moderator but i couldn't find any. if i missed where that did happen, please close this thread and i'll gladly head to the penalty box.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Past experience has shown post counts do drop when a thread is moved to OMNI.
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
thanks for the info (and glad i don't have to go to the penalty box ). like i said, it's only one post so no biggie but i'd hate to have posted multiple times in a "popular thread and then have that thread move over to omni.....
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
If someone posts a topic so odd that it gets moved to OMNI the post count should be reset to zilch

Just kidding... off to OMNI
Old Nov 17, 2008, 6:28 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Good to know.....
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
If someone posts a topic so odd that it gets moved to OMNI the post count should be reset to zilch

Just kidding... off to OMNI
To the best of my recall I've only ever moved a couple of threads to OMNI. The ones I remember started out as a serious topic but morphed into a political discussion.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 11:21 am
Original Poster

To the best of my recall I've only ever moved a couple of threads to OMNI. The ones I remember started out as a serious topic but morphed into a political discussion.
confirmed as a "serious topic" thread had folks not playing nicely so off it went to omni and my post count dropped by 5
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my post count goes down all the time, not due to OMNI moves. it happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.