Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PM system - various questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:31 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
PM system - various questions

With the current PM system... if you send a message to a FTer that has an issue with this account and/or inbox for messages, is it safe to assume that the board software will advise the sender of this situation in some way?

Also, was there a recent change in the board software and/or PM system software (recent meaning sometime during 2008) that could have lead to messages being lost, or not delivered...?

Thank you.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
bump..........
Old Nov 11, 2008, 9:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Do you have the receipt notification activated (should be active by default) if so you should be able to find out if the recepient got/read your PM here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/private.php?do=trackpm
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Yes I do...... but Im worried that PMs may have been lost during the systems changes that the IBB software received over these past months.... anybody have any ideas on that?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Yes I do...... but Im worried that PMs may have been lost during the systems changes that the IBB software received over these past months.... anybody have any ideas on that?
The forum software upgrade should not have resulted in any lost private messages.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stormybot
The forum software upgrade should not have resulted in any lost private messages.
Thank you very much.... ^
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Do you have the receipt notification activated (should be active by default) if so you should be able to find out if the recepient got/read your PM here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/private.php?do=trackpm
i thought that feature was disabled . when i click on your link, i get:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
This forum may require additional account pre-requisites that you don't current have. Check the Announcements for this forum to see if you're required to have a minimum number of posts already, etc.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Originally Posted by goalie
i thought that feature was disabled . when i click on your link, i get:
I believe only mods have this feature. (We need the ability to see if a member has read a message we have sent.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.