Search

Evangelist Status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Evangelist Status?

I just happened to notice something weird with the "FT Evangelist" title under the username.

Some posters with well over 10k posts, don't have the designation (no, they're not mods and it's more than 1 or 2), and I saw one poster with the designation that isn't even close to 10k posts.

Have the requirements changed or is something broken?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some Flyertalkers have asked that the title not be bestowed upon them, and their request was granted.

Dunno why someone slipped in with fewer than 10k, except that perhaps some of their posts were lost/deleted yet their title remained.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's more than that since at least one >10K poster has openly wondered where their "title" went.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
They got defrocked?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by FewMiles
They got defrocked?
Or just frocked, maybe.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was reminded recently that I'm about to hit 10K. I think I'll be the first 10K poster with less than 4 posts per day. Right?

In other words, I'll be the first to 10K without really trying?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Guys, I just thought there may have been a glitch in the system.

There doesn't appear to be one. Thanks for answering.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA

Dunno why someone slipped in with fewer than 10k, except that perhaps some of their posts were lost/deleted yet their title remained.
Yep.

Around 8000 of them by my math. It is a long story if we are thinking the same member.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I think there is a glitch, because my FTE title has vanished!

Any suggestions? TYIA.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:01 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

I can probably answer this. I don't think you had the title prior to Oct. 1. When I was trying to hustle things to get the Star MegaDo offer together I neglected to note that multiple posts there would only count as one against the Evangelist title. While not trying to take away any of your chances or reduce your enthusiasm for the opportunity to be my guest, I'm not really trying to change the rules. I simply forgot to note it in my original post. My bad, my apology and sincerely, no attempt to diminish any of your contributions to FlyerTalk. I have no doubt that you'll earn the title in a short time anyway and my guess is that those around you and yourself will be proud that you did earn it by doing something you enjoy, posting to FlyerTalk. I think you already have a note from me regarding this and I'll be glad to continue the chat about it. There are so many times I just wish i had one more minute, one more hour, one more day to complete things I start. But alas, it wasn't to be on this item and others. Again, my apologies.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I think there is a glitch, because my FTE title has vanished!

Any suggestions? TYIA.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I can probably answer this. I don't think you had the title prior to Oct. 1. When I was trying to hustle things to get the Star MegaDo offer together I neglected to note that multiple posts there would only count as one against the Evangelist title. While not trying to take away any of your chances or reduce your enthusiasm for the opportunity to be my guest, I'm not really trying to change the rules. I simply forgot to note it in my original post. My bad, my apology and sincerely, no attempt to diminish any of your contributions to FlyerTalk. I have no doubt that you'll earn the title in a short time anyway and my guess is that those around you and yourself will be proud that you did earn it by doing something you enjoy, posting to FlyerTalk. I think you already have a note from me regarding this and I'll be glad to continue the chat about it. There are so many times I just wish i had one more minute, one more hour, one more day to complete things I start. But alas, it wasn't to be on this item and others. Again, my apologies.
Randy: For clarification purposes, I posted this before I received your note.

Thanks for your explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.