Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to do and check if you are having trouble staying logged in to FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:52 am
Tim at WebFlyer

What to do and check if you are having trouble staying logged in to FlyerTalk

There have been many topics on what to do if your FT account is not being remembered on your computer and you need to log in repeatedly, the following list of things to do is aimed to consolidate the advice given in these threads for easy access. If there is a solution that I have forgotten to add here, please let me know. Thanks.

What to do and check if you are having trouble staying logged in to FT:
  • Make sure that you are accessing the site using the proper url: http://www.flyertalk.com/ or http://flyertalk.com/ Accessing the forum via the IP address or other urls can cause problems.
  • Make sure that you have the "Remember Me" checkbox is checked when you login.
  • Logout of FlyerTalk using the link in the upper right in the forum navigation bar.
  • Use the following link to delete cookies associated with FlyerTalk: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mycookies.php
  • Delete all cookies associated with FlyerTalk using your web browsers built in tools or the OS. Instructions on how to do this manually in IE using Windows can be found at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0 or alternatively and for other browsers see: http://www.aboutcookies.org/deletecookies.asp It is also a good idea to quit your browser application after deleting cookies and restart your computer before launching the browser again to attempt to login to FT again. Make sure that cookies are deleted for: www.flyertalk.com, flyertalk.com, .flyertalk.com, web1.flyertalk.com, web2.flyertalk.com and any IP address you have been using to directly access FlyerTalk.

Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:24 am
pj2

Programs: AA GLD
I have followed the advice in the above post. It has helped somewhat as I at least stay logged in (most of the time) as I switch between pages, but "remember me" still doesn't work after I have closed the browser. I'm using IE 7.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 2:55 am

Programs: OnePass, HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles, Amex MR, SPG, Hhonors
Remember me

I was experiencing trouble and found this thread helpful. ^ The "remember me" thing worked for me. However, sometimes I log in somewhere else and don't always want the computer to "remember me." I guess I will have to only access at home from now on.
Old May 31, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

Just recently started having this problem. I get logged out after 5 minutes.
I am using Firefox on my Mac and PC.
Why?
Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Me too... get logged out on Safari and Firefox, even if I don't close the browser... Please update this thread!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Me Three, using firefox on a PC
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Me four FireFox 3.5.5) on a PC. Although if I keep switching pages the log off seems to stop.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:11 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
thought it was a one-ff yesterday but....

i am repeatedly getting logged off today. no delays in accessing f/t on my part (i.e. answering the phone and having a long conversation so i "timed out") just simply getting logged out when i access a forum and/or thread (and what $ucks is that once i re-log in, all the threads and/or forums show as read)
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by goalie
(and what $ucks is that once i re-log in, all the threads and/or forums show as read)
Regardless of how it happens, this drives me nuts.

Check out my suggestion over in the Suggestions forums here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...-sessions.html
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jackal
Regardless of how it happens, this drives me nuts.

Check out my suggestion over in the Suggestions forums here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...-sessions.html
if i read that correctly, i'm doing something similar tho for me, i keep the "my flyertalk" page open at all times and open a new window (i don't like tabs ) for each forum and then subsequent thread i want and more often than not, it happens on the first new window i open.

and it's happening again this morning with each new window i open
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:55 am

if i read that correctly, i'm doing something similar tho for me, i keep the "my flyertalk" page open at all times and open a new window (i don't like tabs ) for each forum and then subsequent thread i want and more often than not, it happens on the first new window i open.

and it's happening again this morning with each new window i open
happened yesterday and is happening again today with every page i open
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A few weeks ago it started that I have to log in every time I access FT, even if I've clicked on remember me. I've basically done everything in post one. It's not the end of the world, but is annoying.

Cheers.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:23 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
happened yesterday and is happening again today with every page i open
Same for me!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
A few weeks ago it started that I have to log in every time I access FT, even if I've clicked on remember me. I've basically done everything in post one. It's not the end of the world, but is annoying.

Cheers.
A few weeks later still the same issue. I have not changed software at all during the last few months. As mentioned it's not the end of the world, but I get irritated & pissed off every single time I have to access FT & relog in when I'm checking it multiple times/day, especially as a TB member*

Can we hear from IB on this?

* For those of you who thought TB members get special powers or perks, we get zippo & are in the same boat as you.

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I subscribe to lots of threads and use myflyertalk to read new posts. However lately, when I click on new posts, I (at least for most threads) always get directed to the same page, as of March 25, and not the oldest new post.

Any solution or other experiences?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.