Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does "new posts" function work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:01 am
Original Poster

How does "new posts" function work?

I like to look at all new posts from time to time as it let's me see what kind of issues are being discussed in forums I normaly wouldn't frequent. However, while I usually get back 400+ posts, after about 5-10 pages (125-250 threads) I get a message that says "no search terms found" and I can't see anymore threads further back after this. Is there a way I can avoid this problem and see more threads? Is there something in my rofile that determines how far back I can see new posts? Thx.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:18 am
Community Director Emerita

It's my impression that the search function that brings up all new posts times out after about 90 minutes. I'm able to scan the titles of 300 to 400 posts as long as I do it within that period of time. And if I find some threads engrossing, then I might only get to far fewer.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by RioFF
I like to look at all new posts from time to time as it let's me see what kind of issues are being discussed in forums I normaly wouldn't frequent. However, while I usually get back 400+ posts, after about 5-10 pages (125-250 threads) I get a message that says "no search terms found" and I can't see anymore threads further back after this. Is there a way I can avoid this problem and see more threads? Is there something in my rofile that determines how far back I can see new posts? Thx.
I'd open each thread on your "New Posts" search results page in a new window (or tab, if you're using Firefox). This prevents you from backtracking and screwing up the search results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.